Archived Do you need to have an interview when cross-training in other departments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm not talking about switching work centers, but just being cross-trained in another department. In my case, i'm an Electronics Team Member who wants to stay Electronics but also wants to learn everything about Planogram to better my department and even help with revisions when needed.

I wasn't interviewed for any departments I was cross trained for. Don't see why it would be necessary. But talk to your team lead about your interest

Just ask your team lead to do pogs in electronics, like new releases for video games & mmb.

Last edited:
Just ask your team lead to do planks in electronics, like new releases for video games & mmb.

That might be hard since we have a guy who does that every Tuesday and they normally don't let anyone else do it. I'm gonna try to see if I can become in charge of Friday new releases since nobody is now. I doubt they'll let me come in early on Friday unless I do a full on plano shift, but maybe I can close on Thursdays. Either way I have to know how to do revisions for the CD aisle.

Nope. I'm primarily backroom but I've been thrown into instocks, receiving, hardlines, cashier, signing...no interview. Just...hey here's your schedule.

You might have a better chance if you go to the TL of that department to say you are interested in cross training. But there is no interview usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back