Archived Do you think I'd be eligible for rehire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this isn't in the right forum category. But I'm thinking about reapplying to my target location after quitting in October. I was generally well liked and the GSTLs/GSAs mostly liked me, and my performance was good (or at least that's what I'd say). My reason for quitting was because of school and I attended the last shifts I had during my 2 weeks notification, so no problems there.

Buuuuut my attendance was really bad. I don't think I was written up but I was verbally warned once and I was pulled aside a second time for another verbal warning, however this was when I decided to tell the GSTL that I was putting in my two weeks and then he didn't warn me for the poor attendance, idk if that still counts. He tried talking me out of it too (and succeeded the first time before this), but I ultimately stuck with my decision.

So, what I'm getting at, would Target mark me down as non-rehirable because of poor attendance? I'm very anxious to reapply because of this but I really loved working there and I loved the people I worked with. I was told by a co-worker that they generally rehire if you leave on good terms, although I'm not sure if I qualify as being on good terms because of this.

Thanks!

You should be ok. But, the slow season for spot starts in January. I would still apply. School is more important than spot.

You should be ok. But, the slow season for spot starts in January. I would still apply. School is more important than spot.

I ended up applying yesterday :) Youre right about school though, luckily I've only got a few months left until graduation.

I'm just wondering if it would be better to call TSC instead of walking in and beating around the bush if I don't get a call back; I know it would be easier to speak in person because I'm not good with talking on the phone.

You are probably technically eligible for rehire, but if they know your attendance is crappy, they likely won't bother.

Also, with layoffs for seasonals coming in the next week or two, I doubt your store is hiring.

Thing is it doesn't matter if you're the greatest cashier in the U.S.A., if you don't show up nobody gets to see that and you actually harm the business. So most leaders take attendance issues pretty seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back