Archived Does anyone feel sometimes that they are one of the only ones that do anything on the sales floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning: rant.

So I am often the hardlines team member that does guest first, the only team member when I am working to help a guest shop, and cover electronics. Tonight I had to cover electronics because no one scheduales 2 of them for closing and I got b*tched out by a customer because I just wanted the GSTL to check to make sure an amazon price check was correct. I then burst into tear after he left. I know nothing about electronics. I am constantly harassed there because I dont know and I am a woman. I am not going to arrive to work early anymore so they cant ask me to start early since they dont schedule enough people, then start to panic when it gets busy on a weekend evening. Im fed up. I do everything they ask and sometimes I am the only one who comes up to do anything. Does anyone feel this way sometimes? I cant complain to management in fear theyll take it a bad way as they may think this is just the job and I shouldnt complain about it. 7 more months of this place then I am done.

Some guests in electronics are just assholes in general and I feel u theres 2 tms that are the only ones replying to cover my breaks when on schedule. It sucks because theres 2 or 3 other tms that can do it but this tm always gets stuck with it and the guests are getting snappy with her with little things like price match. I had one guest ask to price match to gamestop and the girl that was covering was unsure so she asked our idiot new team lead and he said no! So the guest left angry. I was like wtf so i showed her and her walked her through the price match app and when u open it up theres a price match policy that clearly states and lists every competitor that we pricematch to and the requirements (must be in stock etc)

I send people up to GS to price match all the time. I just say "I'm not sure, but you can ask at Guest Service for a Price Match. They should be able to tell you if you can or not."

I have seen guests attempt shady things, so I just pass them along to GS.

Sorry you had a rough day.

I feel this way as a leader with my fair share of work load. I've been told to hold my peers and leaders accountable but when they are all hiding in the office it's hard. They all are always grouped together and make everyone else work then when those team members don't respond...guess who has too.

Did you use the price match app on a zebra?
My store doesn't "allow" anyone outside of guest services to use the price match app. Can get in trouble for giving out large discounts just because the app says so without getting it done at GS.

I’m not sure what being a woman has to do with anything.

My store had a woman electronics team member for awhile, and you could easily tell that guests did not respect her as much. Like if me and her were at the boat and she asked a customer if they needed help, they'd tell her to ask me questions, or just kinda ignore her completely.

I also get asked to cover electronics and I know nothing about it. But I will try my best to help. Also I have Target Mobile if I really don't know anything. They are more than happy to help out. Usually it is only the 's that I cover.

I send people up to GS to price match all the time. I just say "I'm not sure, but you can ask at Guest Service for a Price Match. They should be able to tell you if you can or not."

I just feel so done with target. It really isn’t even the customer that is the issue. It’s the fact that management makes me do all this stuff and I feel like I’m the only one who does. They don’t care about me and I’m starting to just see this place as a paycheck.

That’s what I did and I was harassed for it. But I’d rather keep the job cuz at this point I just see it as a paycheck

My store doesn't "allow" anyone outside of guest services to use the price match app. Can get in trouble for giving out large discounts just because the app says so without getting it done at GS.

My store had a woman electronics team member for awhile, and you could easily tell that guests did not respect her as much. Like if me and her were at the boat and she asked a customer if they needed help, they'd tell her to ask me questions, or just kinda ignore her completely.
Ok.
Electronics has been 90% women in all my 12 years until recently. Haven't experienced any douchebaggery about it in like 10 years. 🤷🏾‍♀️

At my store the do-nothings in hardlines jump at the opportunity to cover electronics because then they stand around at the boat looking at their phones or they "help" out in electronics by helping guests (that the electronics TM could be helping just fine) to get out of finishing their pulls or zoning or whatever.

Drives me batty.

But, I feel ya. I'll cop to being the last one to respond to backup at the lanes, but mostly that's because I'm usually the only on the floor who actually gets shit done. There are 2 other HL TMs who actually zone worth a damn, but the rest take 4x as long as they should to finish a pull or reshop and I don't know what the fuck they did for 3 hours in their section but it certainly wasn't zoning.

That’s ridiculous. We have guests that come up to our guy TMs in electronics and ask “Where is Girlname today?” They will come back when she’s working.

We also have guests that do the same to one of our Guy TMs. “Is Guyname working?”

It has nothing to do with their sex. It’s because they know what they are talking about and ask the right questions and give the right answers.

I tell you. If I have someone that comes up to me and says “anything I can help you with today?” I’m going to say no. If someone comes up and says hey I see you’re looking at the XYZ - did you know that it will blah blah blah. I’m going to think they know their shit and I’m going to have them help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back