Archived Does anyone think Target is a big high school?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's the store I'm at, or maybe it's the area I'm in, but I feel like sometimes Target thinks of it's employees as teenagers.

Could I be wrong?

No not really, they think of us as numbers that can easily be replaced with lower less costly numbers.

My old store was like that. One big rumor mill, open dislike of one another, etc.

Maybe it's the store I'm at, or maybe it's the area I'm in, but I feel like sometimes Target thinks of it's employees as teenagers.

Could I be wrong?
Target Corp just thinks its TMs are just sheep and cattle. That we will follow them no matter what.

But the stores are just like high school...DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA

Some people just like to gossip/cause drama, and it apparently doesn't change much from some of the office workers I talk to. :|

Our store is full of the cliques & the ETLs are the clique-leaders.
GE? Prom queen. HR? Cheerleader. HL1? Chess club. HL2? Jock. STL? Class prez.

Our store is full of the cliques & the ETLs are the clique-leaders.
GE? Prom queen. HR? Cheerleader. HL1? Chess club. HL2? Jock. STL? Class prez.

Sounds JUST like my store. The sales floor is the same way, hell half of them are roommates. Call me old fashion but I work my shift THEN my life starts.

This thread makes me laugh. My store is the same way and there's mini clique wars that go on.
Wish me luck I'm going to challenge the team leads to stop the cliques be more global and really work as a team in the next meeting because I think it's pathetic how were acting now. Time to change.

I've worked at my store since last summer and a lot of them seem to like ganging up on each other. Some are friendly, but the ones I talk too don't always have the same schedule.

yes, it's just like school - sometimes I also think it's like Survivor, outwit, outlast, outplay, - that's it I'm voting that one of the island, or bullseye!

There's quite a few in leadership I'd vote off the island...

Considering most of the night shift are teenagers it would not be much of a stretch.

So glad I work dayside. The crew tends to be older and more mature about life in general.

There's quite a few in leadership I'd vote off the island...

I've seen those in leadership go bye-bye. Sometimes it's interesting/amusing to guess how long some of them will be with us. Sometimes we can just tell the days are numbered within a few days of their introduction.

Vote em off, move on to the next contestant!

Could I be wrong?

I think you may be on to something here, maybe target could be thought of as an "alternative school" of sorts. Can't hack it in the real world? Tired of a job that looks for experience and then expects your contributions to the company to be equal to or greater than your salary? Wanna skate by with your fresh attitude? Well Target leadership is the perfect answer for your employment special needs!

Re: departing ETLs - Too bad we couldn't send 'em off with a bang, ie:
*firing them out the door to land on a pad (or not) at the end of the parking lot
*have a glee-style musical a la Von Trappe family ("so long, farewell; you're toast & we all knew it...")
*they come into an office stripped completely bare
*launching them out in a shopping cart screaming across the lot

The possibilities are endless.

Re: departing ETLs - Too bad we couldn't send 'em off with a bang, ie:
*firing them out the door to land on a pad (or not) at the end of the parking lot
*have a glee-style musical a la Von Trappe family ("so long, farewell; you're toast & we all knew it...")
*they come into an office stripped completely bare
*launching them out in a shopping cart screaming across the lot

The possibilities are endless.

like a circus; shooting them out of a cannon - buh bye now!
love the musical idea too!

Sometimes I think that is true since team members act as though they are still in high school. In some cases, they are or just got out of high school.

Sort of like high school in the sense of cliques by the fact that if you aren't in the "brown nosers who say everything is sunshine an rainbows" clique it doesn't matter how well you perform because you will never be acknowledge or recognized for your efforts infact you will probably be told you are not doing as well as you could even though you are performing better than some of those TMs

One of my GSTLs says the front end is like high school, complete with all the drama!

Last edited:
And don't forget study hall, where TLs sit & write statuses to turn in to the teach-, er, ETL....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back