Does fixing miss pick hurt DC scores?

We've been getting more miss picks than normal lately. Today we got what suppose to be a toy ended up being adult diapers. Does processing miss pick affect DC metrics? Do they even care?

Great question. I am curious as well, though I am a bit cynical. I suspect that the answer is that the number of mispicks reported by stores is probably well below the acceptable threshold. So other than fixing your inventory, completing the mispick has no other tangible benefit.

IDK but what I do know is that if you fix a miss-pick it not only fixes your inventory (which helps fulfillment and metrics), but covers your store's butt as well. The wrong item being sent isn't your store's fault, but your store is responsible to fix it. I would also imagine that if a certain DC has a higher than usual amount of miss-pick reports, it would be investigated (I know this is probably wishful thinking lol).

If you want to affect at dc level then you want to do a trailer feedback .
Just make sure to mention safety so that it's actually looked at.
I suspect that the answer is that the number of mispicks reported by stores is probably well below the acceptable threshold.
Unfortunately, a lot of mispicks that we see include items not eligible for the store, meaning we can't actually mispick them to correct our inventory. The same goes for incorrect VCPs on the pick label.

It'd be nice if HQ looked into that.

Just make sure to mention safety so that it's actually looked at.

Unfortunately, a lot of mispicks that we see include items not eligible for the store, meaning we can't actually mispick them to correct our inventory. The same goes for incorrect VCPs on the pick label.

It'd be nice if HQ looked into that.
When this happens you have defective out each item that the DC said to shipped. Then just donate what is actually in the box.

This thread makes me wonder how miss picks happen in the first place. Any DC TMs up for filling me in?
For a while, I kept getting one kind of mouthwash mis-labled as another kind (both were Listerine). That made me think a whole pallet had been mis-labled the wrong way. It's happened on a few other products too. So I end up with an empty spot on the shelf and loads of a similar product.
Another thing that seems goofy is when a box is so obviously the wrong size for how it's labeled - like those Depends briefs being labeled as Mucinex cough syrup or vice versa.
A different but related issue is when I get a whole case of something when I'm pretty sure I was supposed to get only one of the boxes from that case - like when I got a case of 72 toothbrushes instead of one of the interior boxes of 6. This was months ago and I still have a pile of them in back stock. Surely, a lot of parents will think their kids need a Star Wars toothbrush in their Christmas stocking, right?
And last, since I'm on a roll here, what about those things that are "illegal" for my store to carry? Got a box of deodorant that was labeled for what seemed the right spot, but when I went to back stock the one that didn't go out, my zebra said it was illegal. What? It's exactly the same product, but I guess the UPC is different. I don't get it.
Okay, this is really the last thing: How do I get things in my repack boxes that were supposed to go to other stores? Seems to run in spurts - I'll get 2 or 3 products in one week carried by other stores in my area, but not my store. Sometimes, I have to salvage it out and sometimes I can mark it down and put it on a clearance end cap.

This thread makes me wonder how miss picks happen in the first place. Any DC TMs up for filling me in?
For a while, I kept getting one kind of mouthwash mis-labled as another kind (both were Listerine). That made me think a whole pallet had been mis-labled the wrong way. It's happened on a few other products too. So I end up with an empty spot on the shelf and loads of a similar product.
Another thing that seems goofy is when a box is so obviously the wrong size for how it's labeled - like those Depends briefs being labeled as Mucinex cough syrup or vice versa.
A different but related issue is when I get a whole case of something when I'm pretty sure I was supposed to get only one of the boxes from that case - like when I got a case of 72 toothbrushes instead of one of the interior boxes of 6. This was months ago and I still have a pile of them in back stock. Surely, a lot of parents will think their kids need a Star Wars toothbrush in their Christmas stocking, right?
And last, since I'm on a roll here, what about those things that are "illegal" for my store to carry? Got a box of deodorant that was labeled for what seemed the right spot, but when I went to back stock the one that didn't go out, my zebra said it was illegal. What? It's exactly the same product, but I guess the UPC is different. I don't get it.
Okay, this is really the last thing: How do I get things in my repack boxes that were supposed to go to other stores? Seems to run in spurts - I'll get 2 or 3 products in one week carried by other stores in my area, but not my store. Sometimes, I have to salvage it out and sometimes I can mark it down and put it on a clearance end cap.
I got some green funfetti frosting yesterday labeled as chocolate fudge frosting. I couldn't correct the mispick (maybe I forgot how; maybe something changed in the process; idk or care). I figured it was for St Patricks Day anyway so I just backstocked it. Now we have 6 extra green and 6 fewer chocolate fudge.

For those, I print a new UPC sticker and put it on the product -- so long as I am relatively certain it is the same, just a different UPC on the product. We used to do DPCI maintenance, and could fix it at store level.

MySupport is virtually useless, so I fix things on my end.
--

I am catching more MisPicks, also. I had a kitchen Appliance Pick Label on the box for products that were clearly not that item.

Back