Archived Does working at Target drain you?

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
  • Replies 42
  • Views 8K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Working at Target only drains me when I'm zoning toys, HBA, or cashing. So........most of the time.

But I'm not a complete zombie like I was when I worked overnight.

There are days when it drains me, and days where I'm just tired from moving at the end of the day. Weekends are particularly rough. Now that pfresh has gotten some more hours back, it isn't as draining. Now when I'm back in electronics, I always feel drained because it's always crazy back there.

How can someone not feel drained. Tms are given more work to do with less hours then given PDDs or seek to understand conversations when they aren't able to complete the tasks.

Most etls runs around telling people to do one thing and then another one tells them to do the opposite.

Tms are treated like children and put down at every chance

How can someone not feel drained. Tms are given more work to do with less hours then given PDDs or seek to understand conversations when they aren't able to complete the tasks.

Most etls runs around telling people to do one thing and then another one tells them to do the opposite.

Tms are treated like children and put down at every chance
Not to mention the extremely patronizing "Thank you"s that slip out of every TL and ETL's mouth just to emphasize the fact that they're making you do something. Or is that just my store.

Usually it doesn't, but these past few weeks since the mytime transition I have been stretched to the limit. I am getting demolished every time I work.

Sound like one of my fellow TMs and Friends. He mostly closes Pfresh and tonight he had to cover electronics for an hour PLUS back up cashiering haha. I think he is about done with Target

Since hrs are still crappy, I've been pulling 6- and 7-day weeks to get enough to cover bills. I'm jumping between FA, SB, salesfloor & front end dealing with rude guests.
At my FA counter, a lady had watched me speed thru a line of orders saying that she was exhausted from watching me. I told her my week had been pretty much like that & yeh, it's exhausting.
She replied "Oh well, at least it's Friday."
I looked at her blankly.
She said "You'll have the weekend to recover....?"
I said "I work EVERY weekend."
Her eyes got big & she quietly walked away.

Wait, you didnt get the Memo that EVERYONE never works weekends and only works M-F......

I work in market at a ~$13m dollar a year PFresh. I am also a relatively recently promoted Perishables Assistant, whose had his CTL as well as his partner PA who trained him quit the same day, about 3 weeks ago and am the only one still here who was here 1 month ago..

Sorry I was just trying to remember my identity, wait what was this thread about?

ugh, I'm tired.

Yes........... The team morale is so bad we barely have anyone to cover at nights because naturally they cut hrs and they need back-ups and the work never gets done and it is a vicious cycle over and over again. I miss those days when Target was actually fast,fun,friendly and the team morale was actually up but sadly that went downhill a year or so ago.

I don't know if it's fatigue or just age but the last two weeks I've felt physically felt probably as tired as Christian Bale did in The Machinist. I guess one good thing is I'm not skin and bones like he was in that movie but my sleep and alertness are all jacked up. It's like I'm running on fumes.

Depends on your store; I was sent to train at one of the top stores in the district and everyone there was having a great time. I went back to my store at the bottom of the district and we are literally having fist-fights and screaming arguments between team members, most people can't take it and quit. One former ETL committed suicide a few years ago but that's obviously an extreme case. Working a demanding or poorly performing store is very draining for many different positions.

I go to work every day thinking about my fiancee and our house and my classes and what kind of job I will get with that degree, and it keeps me afloat.

Also, I know the Target Answer: "Oh, you need me to push 20 hours of push with 10 hours of pushers? You need me to pull 10 hours of autofills in 4 hours, plus take care of 'x' and 'y' and 'z' along the way? *SURE*...just a big *SURE, we'll get it done!*" and throw a big smile in there, just make sure it sounds and looks legit. We'll get it done!

Tonight really drained me. I wasn't expecting this Easter rush, and the constant pressure to get more and more and more Red Cards is really starting to upset me. I'm doing the best I can, but I can't make people sign up for them! That, and it really pisses me off how some guests just treat me like I'm not even there, or like I'm not a person but a natural outcropping of the cash registers. Fuck all of those assholes.

Today kicked my butt thoroughly.
Worked a 9 hr mid at FA then closed at SB after we had a call out. As I was walking out, the front lanes were non-stop code 1. The GSTL (a friend) begged me to stay 'a little while' because she was down 3 cashiers. I got out 30 min before close after a 13 hr day.
And I'm still scheduled tomorrow, hoping to pick up another extra hr or 2 because I'm nowhere near 40.
That's how crappy hrs have been.

It's sad that you have to work yourself to death to get your hours. Where is a union when you need one?

What's even sadder is when you can't get any decent hours without working all week without a day off. This is one reason that I started looking for something else.

Managed to pick up extra hrs today. Still didn't get to 40 but better than when the week started.
Next week's hrs are lean & mean. They're gutting us at SB & FA. Our ETL said "Get used to it."
Time to look around again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back