Archived Does your store enforce the no headphone rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the store is closed. One headphone or audible, not blasting, over your phone speaker.
If anyone has to call you multiple times because your music is too loud then the option is taken away from you.
If you're in the backroom its the same rules. Only when the stores not open. We had a couple tms in the back that tried to do it all day but they stopped it fast when people started asking if they could too, in the interest of fairness.

In our store, people were allowed to listen to music before I arrived. One or more TM's violated the "one ear" policy, thereby ruining it for everyone. However, there are a few who listen to music, but it is completely audible, and no one says anything. I'm not sure what the policy is, as I don't listen to music at work. If I get an ETL position (I interviewed and was offered a position, but I had to travel, so I took a local management position in addition to this job; I will take an ETL position if it opens up in a 60-mile radius), I will permit music as long as everyone is being productive; some seem to be more productive when listening to music. Our whole process is broken, though.

No one says anything and sorry when the dude with the floor buffer comes by and he always runs that thing full throttle I tuck the other ear bud in just protect my ears.. Cause I always seem to be scanning where he is cleaning.. :(

No one says anything and sorry when the dude with the floor buffer comes by and he always runs that thing full throttle I tuck the other ear bud in just protect my ears.. Cause I always seem to be scanning where he is cleaning.. :(

When I worked overnight re-shop, we did our best to stay out of the flow team's way, so we'd always manage to be in the same department as the floor buffer guy. The thing was ridiculously loud, and we could never hear each other's voices. It was a little problematic seeing as the greater majority of my team were seasonal TMs who hadn't had proper training.

Had a TM yesterday in to work pulls to the floor from 8am to noon. She didn't take out her earbuds for her entire shift...except when she was on break. How is this possibly okay?

It's not. ear buds most apply to the teams that come in before store opens. All buds should be taken out when it does. As for safety purposed just keep one in and one out, or just not use them at all. For me though, music motivates me a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back