Archived Does your store make you lock up your cell phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I just realized how off topic I got there!

Our store has no problem with us using phones as long as it's for the guests benefit. If they see us talking/showing Cartwheel and such, they call us out on the walkie for "vibing."

AP has a free pass, on cell phone use, it seems. Esp, if it has to do with communication with other AP members.
I could see that. Sometimes it is more efficient to use a cell phone while tailing a potential shoplifter.

This. Especially if you're plainclothes AP such as an APS, it's a lot easier to be inconspicuous when you're texting than when your walkie is screaming.

Mine does and if you are caught with it out you will get a coaching they aren't playing that is what the lockers are for if you can't be away from your phone too bad you can use it on your break they say. Sadly it took one person in the fitting room ( chronic texter) to ruin it for everyone...

We have a "new" ETL who is a total "B" and tried to tell me I couldn't take my phone on the floor with me.....ON MY BREAK!!!!! Apparently, since I was dressed in red & khaki, people would think I was "on the clock" and it would "look bad".....I ignored her and walked over to SBX to get my coffee (which I paid for with my SBX app on my phone) :cool:

Our store actually encourages SF to have their phone on them. We use them to tell guests about cartwheel and to look items up online. Works faster than the PDA s
usually. We do have a little bit ofjpersonal use I'm sure, but this is rare.

We have a "new" ETL who is a total "B" and tried to tell me I couldn't take my phone on the floor with me.....ON MY BREAK!!!!! Apparently, since I was dressed in red & khaki, people would think I was "on the clock" and it would "look bad".....I ignored her and walked over to SBX to get my coffee (which I paid for with my SBX app on my phone) :cool:
I'm a big boy and I can make my own life choices. If I choose to keep my phone in my pocket, that's up to me. I don't get phone calls, but if I did I wouldn't answer them on the floor. I do some freelance work and I need my phone in my pocket to respond to work orders (takes me a second to look at the text). I actually use my phone to help guests by using Cartwheel and the Target app. I also use it when I process NOF items if it's something we have no info for. I use it a lot less now that we are using the MyDevices, but it's not going to stop me.

On break - screw off ETL.. I just always bring up that time they tried to force us to help guests on our breaks and lunches.. Yeah that didn't go over well.. The hotline got several phone calls alone with the state. It got a public apology from the ETL being mistaken about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back