Archived Doing Price Change for the First Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says I'm scheduled for Price Change for the first time tomorrow and will be the go to guy for markdowns in Men's according to my TL. They said that every Wednesday I'm now going to open so I can do markdowns in Men's.
My questions are one is they're an easier way then scanning the item and then going to Print Signs and Labels and printing the clearance sticker?(Ex: if I have 20 shirts that are being marked down can I just print them all out instead of scanning each one?)
Where would I get the equipment?
What equipment would I need?
And how do I go about processing salvages?
I know I'll probably be showed some of this tomorrow, but I want to have a head start in what to expect.
Will it be a bad idea asking to be WAV trained so I can downstock clearance and markdown whatever is clearance?
Does anyone know the weight limit for the wave, would I be to heavy I'm 6'5" but I weigh around 325 lbs. so I don't know if I'll be to heavy to use the WAV?

Does anyone know the weight limit for the wave, would I be to heavy I'm 6'5" but I weigh around 325 lbs. so I don't know if I'll be to heavy to use the WAV?
Technically, per the specifications on the Crown website for the WAV 60 (the model of my store’s newest WAV), the capacity for the operator compartment is 300lbs and for the load tray 200lbs. With a total capacity of 500lbs for the portion of the vehicle supported by the center support that does the raising and lowering, I wouldn’t personally worry a whole lot about being 25lbs over as long as you don’t have 200lbs of cargo on the tray. Having said that, if you express this concern to your PMT or leadership, if they do their due diligence, it would be their responsibility to prohibit you from using the WAV to protect Target from any liability should something go wrong due to Spot’s insurance possibly denying any claims stemming from using the WAV outside of its specifications. They almost certainly won’t try to weigh you or anything before certifying you for the WAV, though.

Technically, per the specifications on the Crown website for the WAV 60 (the model of my store’s newest WAV), the capacity for the operator compartment is 300lbs and for the load tray 200lbs. With a total capacity of 500lbs for the portion of the vehicle supported by the center support that does the raising and lowering, I wouldn’t personally worry a whole lot about being 25lbs over as long as you don’t have 200lbs of cargo on the tray. Having said that, if you express this concern to your PMT or leadership, if they do their due diligence, it would be their responsibility to prohibit you from using the WAV to protect Target from any liability should something go wrong due to Spot’s insurance possibly denying any claims stemming from using the WAV outside of its specifications. They almost certainly won’t try to weigh you or anything before certifying you for the WAV, though.
thank you

As the title says I'm scheduled for Price Change for the first time tomorrow and will be the go to guy for markdowns in Men's according to my TL. They said that every Wednesday I'm now going to open so I can do markdowns in Men's.
My questions are one is they're an easier way then scanning the item and then going to Print Signs and Labels and printing the clearance sticker?(Ex: if I have 20 shirts that are being marked down can I just print them all out instead of scanning each one?)
Where would I get the equipment?
What equipment would I need?
And how do I go about processing salvages?
I know I'll probably be showed some of this tomorrow, but I want to have a head start in what to expect.
Will it be a bad idea asking to be WAV trained so I can downstock clearance and markdown whatever is clearance?
Someone told me that you have to tell the Zebra that you want to do price changes and not just "scanning the item and then going to Print Signs and Labels and printing the clearance sticker." I think the new (clearance) price doesn't come up unless you are signed in for price changes.

itsajob

im pretty sure they dont, I never heard anything about i Im going to bring it back and if they say anything about it Ill be honest and say I messed up. and if they dont, then I wont say anything
Someone told me that you have to tell the Zebra that you want to do price changes and not just "scanning the item and then going to Print Signs and Labels and printing the clearance sticker." I think the new (clearance) price doesn't come up unless you are signed in for price changes.

itsajob
Correct. The price will otherwise remain inactivated. This is to give the team the chance to ticket and activate the new prices whilst guests are in the store.

You'd want to go onto the My Work app on your zebra where you can look up products and hit the little person icon on the top left corner. Scroll down to Price Change, hit that.
Then make sure you have a zebra printer handy. I personally keep it hooked onto my pants pocket for easy access. Use the my device and scan the printer till it says Printer Connected in a blue banner at the top. Then start with clearance and scan each article.

It'll have different noises for if the item isnt marked down or if the item is marked down or salvaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back