Archived Don't knife me Mr. Flow TM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish I was at my old store. I've been at this one long enough to feel everyone out now.

I'm not exactly the most upbeat TM, but 90% of the TMs at my store have absolutely miserable personalities.

I've already learned not to make eye contact with most flow TMs. Half of them walk around looking at people (particularly TLs/ETLs) like they want to stab them.

It is pretty much impossible to have any conversation with sales floor TMs unless the subject is 1. How much they hate target 2. How much they want to quit or 3. how much they hate guests. I don't exactly love Target either, but damn isn't there something else you would rather talk about for once? I may bi** a lot on these forums, but at work I actually try to have a somewhat positive attitude.

Apparently my store is having major turnover issues, and I can see why. I have never seen such a miserable group of people. I have even heard two ETLs off to the side comment how much they hate their job.

Food ave/Starbucks/Guest Service seem to be the only halfway upbeat sections of the store... and that's only if the right combination of people are working.

I miss my old job.

I really wish I was at my old store. I've been at this one long enough to feel everyone out now.

I'm not exactly the most upbeat TM, but 90% of the TMs at my store have absolutely miserable personalities.

I've already learned not to make eye contact with most flow TMs. Half of them walk around looking at people (particularly TLs/ETLs) like they want to stab them.

It is pretty much impossible to have any conversation with sales floor TMs unless the subject is 1. How much they hate target 2. How much they want to quit or 3. how much they hate guests. I don't exactly love Target either, but damn isn't there something else you would rather talk about for once? I may bi** a lot on these forums, but at work I actually try to have a somewhat positive attitude.

Apparently my store is having major turnover issues, and I can see why. I have never seen such a miserable group of people. I have even heard two ETLs off to the side comment how much they hate their job.

Food ave/Starbucks/Guest Service seem to be the only halfway upbeat sections of the store... and that's only if the right combination of people are working.

I miss my old job.

The nice thing about me not being at work these days due to the cuts is that I don't have to be around miserable people all the time.

We were thinking that the seasonal flow team this year was hired by going to the local prison and asking for volunteers.....and then they took the ones that didn't volunteer....

NRC, that is both horrible and hilarious at the same time...
Most of the people at my store seem to be at least OK with working at target, though there certainly are complaints. We find things to be cheerful about.

I miss my old job.

you must be at my store.....

All 3 stores that I've worked at have been the same situation. Flow has the absolute lowest morale among the entire store. I was talking with someone at my current store about this just the other day and they amusingly suggested it might be due to a vitamin D deficiency from not seeing much sunlight...

Of course, the reality is more like that department, more than any other department, is treated like absolute dirt with only marginally better pay, significantly harder work, and worse work conditions (building air conditioning/heating turned down before store open).

It's amazing how the morale can vary between stores. Leadership seems to have a crazy big impact on it. We're always getting comments from TMs from other stores and guests about how friendly and positive we are. Our DTL even mentioned how nice we are! This is the one job I've had where I don't dread going to work every day.

It's amazing how the morale can vary between stores. Leadership seems to have a crazy big impact on it. We're always getting comments from TMs from other stores and guests about how friendly and positive we are. Our DTL even mentioned how nice we are! This is the one job I've had where I don't dread going to work every day.

Sound EXACTLY like my store! :)

Well if they way our flow team is being treated lately is happening at your store then they are angry. And to whoever posted about them going to the local prison and hiring people it was done at my store in the past, and crazy enough they were great team members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back