Archived Drowning in sales planners-- help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interrobang

Assistant Banana Orderer
My CTL is away and before he left, he very briefly (emphasis on "briefly") showed me an already laid-out market map. The only things he taught me were "X,Y,Z always belong here. They don't change because they're vendor" and "Sales planners are easy to figure out!"
Now, I find myself with a stack of papers and little direction. I'm panicking because the set date is this Sunday. I don't know where to start-- do I have to write anything on the shelf diagrams/ sales planners themselves or do I just write the display # on the market map?
I'm planning to speak to another team lead tomorrow so s/he can physically show me how to do this, but I appreciate any help I can get here!

Market pogs are lame b/c the title descriptions are confusing. If your CTL follows the map the "dept###promo##" goes on top of the previous spl with the same title. If that is too crazy print all of your labels by pog and then figure out which ones are already up by looking at the item or scanning it in item seatch. That way whatever is left is what is new. Remember Front is Odd and Back is Even when you are numbering them. Don't drop a pull unless it is a new spl. Sometimes grocery pulls way more than you want.

I always print out all the labels first. Go back to signing label and get into POG label printing and hit f10 to sort by department. Page Down to the DEPTs you need and star them all and print them all. Then I paperclip them and sort them by fronts and backs. This is nice because I can see what each one has and match them up (and see if the reties change at all). You ideally should reprint them later (in case of price changes) but I rarely do as you do not see them that often!

Hopefully your doing this in the morning and a Plano Team Leader is available. I'd start there.

If you're setting in the AM - set 3-4 at a time so you can minimize foot steps to the fixture room, signing n label PC, and backroom.

ANY TL/ETL/Plano TM should be able to help you. I just offered to help them set one so they would show me and that seemed to work. And the set date may say Sunday, but you actually have until the following Saturday NIGHT to complete them.

I remember when TL's used to do sales planners. Now the regular team members do it... along with back ups, go backs and everything else. It's amazing they get done at all.

Smart tm's can help you. My store have 3 tm's, who are super tm's. They see the an issue, resolve it & then tell a tl or Lod about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back