Dunkin Donuts over Sbux

I posted about this in another thread but here in Alaska we have independent coffee places all over the state.
Here in town they are almost on every corner.
We also have Starbucks but they don't really compete except with the chechakos.
Haven't had DD for a long time.
javathehut3.jpg

AKChixCoffee-ko-vn-072518-ph04
javathehut1.jpg

GK2LCEMVDFD63ILBTILYZQFUZE.jpg

a47915c2d10bfc397fc794167cd72c63.jpg

Last edited:
Couldn't help myself, I had to inject a modicum of folksy shit into this drivel. Honestly I haven't had a DD coffee in quite some time so my comment isn't really substantiated. WaWa coffee is good.

Yeah good point. Walmart already has many stores with a Dunkin inside, that makes more sense.
Funny enough before target really cracked down on their branding and what they want and don't want, there were some stores that were NOT SBUX. Some stores had like a Jamba juice , I think a cold stone, and i think they tested a taco bell lol.

I posted about this in another thread but here in Alaska we have independent coffee places all over the state.
Here in town they are almost on every corner.
We also have Starbucks but they don't really compete except with the chechakos.
Haven't had DD for a long time.
javathehut3.jpg

AKChixCoffee-ko-vn-072518-ph04
javathehut1.jpg

GK2LCEMVDFD63ILBTILYZQFUZE.jpg

a47915c2d10bfc397fc794167cd72c63.jpg
These are cool! I remember you posting about them before.

Several years ago an ex and I stopped at this little coffee shop in a tiny town in Connecticut and I had one of the best cups of coffee I ever tasted. I always remember a really good cup of joe.

A few years ago Mr.Gothish and I were out riding in Duchess County New York and I was desperate for a cup. It was a Sunday evening and nearly everything was closed. We finally found a movie theater open in a tiny town and lo and behold, they had coffee and it was actually pretty good.

I can talk about coffee all day, lol.

Funny enough before target really cracked down on their branding and what they want and don't want, there were some stores that were NOT SBUX. Some stores had like a Jamba juice , I think a cold stone, and i think they tested a taco bell lol.
During my early years our cafe had Taco Bell & Pizza Hut; there was a grill for burgers & we did fries.
First remodel obliterated TB & the burgers while Starbucks moved in.
Over the years they dropped a lot of cafe favorites based on low-performing stores: breakfast items, nachos to name a few.

i would gain an unholy amount of weight if we had a taco bell LMAO
Thing is, our cafe is real popular & crazy busy but menu is based on what corp wants to supply so we lost quite a few favorites to streamline us with less-popular stores :(

Thing is, our cafe is real popular & crazy busy but menu is based on what corp wants to supply
at my store, we've got the pizza, the pasta, occasionally pretzels, "nachos", chicken tenders (tyson frozen tenders lol), and ofc the SBUX food.

We also have the slushie machine. I know we were SUPPOSED to get our cocacola free style machine over in July. God knows what happened to it lol.

We just have Pizza Hut and Starbucks. No seating. I don't know how the Pizza Hut stays in business as I rarely see anyone in line. But then again I work nights, maybe they are busier for lunch. Even the Starbucks seems really slow, but again, I'm sure they do most of their business in the morning/afternoon. I'm almost never in the building before 4:00pm.

We just have Pizza Hut and Starbucks. No seating. I don't know how the Pizza Hut stays in business as I rarely see anyone in line. But then again I work nights, maybe they are busier for lunch. Even the Starbucks seems really slow, but again, I'm sure they do most of their business in the morning/afternoon. I'm almost never in the building before 4:00pm.
Oh how wish my old Pizza Hell was like this. I was fucking slammed a lot.

DD isn't very on brand with target honestly. SBUX feels nice with its wood signings and metal fixtures. DD is a cheap american coffee shop.
Best answer. SBUX has a premium brand image, it adds some prestige to our stores. More importantly, much of Target's most-desired guests (think big spenders on higher-profit items) are Starbucks devotees. By and large, folks who don't wince an eye at frequently buying expensive top-of-the-line hand-crafted coffee beverages and over-priced pastries, plus buying expensive smoothies and hot cocoa for their kids, tend to spend more on their Target runs.

Although I'm not seriously advocating for this for Target, other stores seeking a coffee bar for their guests/customers should consider Tim Hortons (note there is no apostrophe in the name). While their US footprint is somewhat limited, their coffee and food is highly regarded and the ambience in their shops is very nice. It's far and away the most popular coffee-and-quick-food place across Canada, with good quality sandwiches and good-but-not-freshly-baked donuts and a very nice ambience. Target sells bagged Tim Hortons coffee in many of their stores, I recommend it (particularly their decaf version using the "Swiss Water" decaffeination technique).

Not sure who had a Cold Stone but Jamba Juice and Taco Bell were both TCafé concepts. Most sold Jamba Juice smoothies out of a machine until like 2016 I think when it was replaced by the Minute Maid smoothies. Some stores’ TCafé had Taco Bell options in the late 2000s I believe. I didn’t really care for the smoothies but I would way rather have a Taco Bell in store than anything else.

On unemployment have tennis elbow.
Yeek! Talk the doctor into steroids. And if you cant afford ongoing physical therapy try to have a one session consult to be taught home exercises. A lot of PTs will do that. I had a three year long bout of tennis elbow so i can fully sympathize.

Yeek! Talk the doctor into steroids. And if you cant afford ongoing physical therapy try to have a one session consult to be taught home exercises. A lot of PTs will do that. I had a three year long bout of tennis elbow so i can fully sympathize.
Three years yikes and here I was complaining about two months. I'll look into those with doctor.

Back