Archived DVDs going clearance now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know why some dvds are now going clearance instead of being returned via the return scan? I did my weekly entertainment revisions and some of the clearance dvds came off pog but some stayed. Where is the logic in that? lol

We need the clearance endcap back in Entertainment. Oh well.

Yeah I did notice that today. But we did get an Urgent News last week saying 34 titles were going clearance this week. I just wonder if this will be an ongoing thing...

I did a mysupport. This is an error. All DVD/Music is returned via the scan back process.

I remember seeing communciation that some dvd titles were going clearance. I believe my store was ticketing them this morning. Not sure if this will be a new thing or just a one-time thing. We shall see.

I remember seeing communciation that some dvd titles were going clearance. I believe my store was ticketing them this morning. Not sure if this will be a new thing or just a one-time thing. We shall see.

I did not see any message boards about it. But then, sometimes urgent messages show up after the fact.

It was either a message board or part of the Entertainment Weekly Workload. Can't remember which. I'll look tomorrow morning.

No one bothered to give any communication to the pricing team at my store today if there was any, so we questioned all of the DVD markdowns.

There was a messageboard about it last week and I alerted my ETLs and the pricing team so it all went smoothly here. I'm all for anything that might make those scans less tedious and time consuming - clearance them all!

They posted a message board today for pricing. It basically said we put the information in the Entertainment weekly workload summary so you should have known it was coming, as if anyone in hardlines at most stores would communicate that info to the pricing team.

The message board essentially said that 34 dvds were going to be marked down via a clearance price change. It said to place them on an electronics clearance endcap. They are supposed to go salvage on the 23rd or 24th of Feb.

Maybe the Walmart $5 DVD bins are starting to overflow.

The only time I saw DVDs going clearance before were Kids DVDs or titles that were straight to DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back