Archived Electronics beware, there is a glitch in the matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

phibot

"can you come to the front to tie my shoes?"
Target.com has a buy an Xbox One S, get a free game deal. The free game is supposed to be $60 or lower, but online it's applicable to items as expensive as the Rock Band 4 bundle.

People are buying the Xbox and the bundle, and are either getting away with a very expensive free game, or they are cancelling the free game and getting a percentage off the Xbox itself like a regular BOGO return.

And I have to close tonight. Gah

Target.com has a buy an Xbox One S, get a free game deal. The free game is supposed to be $60 or lower, but online it's applicable to items as expensive as the Rock Band 4 bundle.

People are buying the Xbox and the bundle, and are either getting away with a very expensive free game, or they are cancelling the free game and getting a percentage off the Xbox itself like a regular BOGO return.

And I have to close tonight. Gah
That explains why we just had two spus back to back for that xbox... but neither one ordered a game for the item

Either way it's a great deal for guests if they pull it off, but it's shady as hell.

I have almost all electronics shifts this week. I am NOT excited -_-
You guys remember that fake xbox coupon from 4chan? *war flashbacks*

Let your LOD know. We are not required to honor glitches.
The LOD came up to me when I was helping backroom pick an apple watch FA and he was like "hey backroom guy anf phibot if you get a"

"Xbox?"

"Yeah..we're"

"Cancelling those orders?"

fCZR7tX.jpg

I was covering electronics last night, and we had a guy get this. Our LOD said there was nothing we could do and had to honor it.

Whoops, I thought all the SFS Xbox orders were kinda weird. Probably should have asked LOD about it. Oh well.

Yeah apparently all of ours went out as SFS orders.

Had someone come in to do it. I told her couldn't and it is a glitch in the system. Talked to my ETL and TL and ETL AP and they were like mmmm yeah nope. Apparently if you scan it with a MyDevice you can pull up a thing that tells you it isn't on promotion. So we tried explaining this and lady basically yelling and iTS IN THE AD HONOUR IT so she called corporate who was also like yeah no. Eventually she gave up throwing a hissy fit as she left.

Had someone come in to do it. I told her couldn't and it is a glitch in the system. Talked to my ETL and TL and ETL AP and they were like mmmm yeah nope. Apparently if you scan it with a MyDevice you can pull up a thing that tells you it isn't on promotion. So we tried explaining this and lady basically yelling and iTS IN THE AD HONOUR IT so she called corporate who was also like yeah no. Eventually she gave up throwing a hissy fit as she left.
I WISH WE HAD THAT CORPORATE PERSON because I had some primo cock chaff get denied and then call corporate, get a case number, made us call to verify, and then corporate overrode it. My LOD was piiiiissed. I'm still pissed myself.

groans

last time there was a glitch for xboxes in which they were HELLA CHEAP online etl salesfloor was just like

nope

we're sold out

no xboxes here b y e
I remember when the ad said PS4s were $100-$200 off, we were sent instructions to apologize and explain it was a mistake. As soon as I relayed this to guest services, a younger woman asked about the PS4s in the ad. I immediately said it was a mistake and we just received communication about it from headquarters, then she said she pulled up our inventory and it said we had two, and she wanted them both at advertised price. Like... Just no. She didn't get her PS4s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back