Archived Electronics Flow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a chance for the next truck I'll be pushing electronics since our normal TM won't be in. Problem is, I have next to no idea what to do over there. I know the path the security repack and their cage have to take from the line to electronics and there's a checklist I need to go through to make sure everything came in. And that's about it; all I've done for flow over there is help push DVDs a couple times.

I'm sure somebody will try to explain it to me tomorrow but I'd appreciate some advice I can wrap my head around before then. Aside from security, anything I need to look out for?

Not really. It is a lot like any other area of flow. Just make sure that you are doing spider wraps, and other merch protection stuff. As a general rule of thumb, anything in Electronics (at least for my store) that is above 59.99 gets a spider wrap. There may be some store specific stuff, so ask a TL about merch protection just to be sure.

• You will need a MyDevice and a set of electronics keys.
  • Keep an eye out for street dated products and make sure they do not get pushed! Ask your team leader if you do not know how to tell if something is street dated or not with a MyDevice. Also ask what you should do with any such product.
  • Do not leave high security or high theft items unattended when the store is open.

• You will need a MyDevice and a set of electronics keys.
  • Keep an eye out for street dated products and make sure they do not get pushed! Ask your team leader if you do not know how to tell if something is street dated or not with a MyDevice. Also ask what you should do with any such product.
  • Do not leave high security or high theft items unattended when the store is open.
This covers everything. Don't forget to push batteries & movies to all locations, including front end too.

Thanks for the replies. Should've mentioned that I've covered electronics during open hours before, so I know about street dates and locking things up. Just wanted to make sure though.

At my store it's
59.99 and up get's wrapped or put behind glass for all of electronics. All SD cards get cased, all blue-rays get cased, dvd's over 39.99 bucks get cased, USB drives 64GB and up get cased. All serial numbers for ipads, ipods, iwatches, appletv are written down as well on the security report. Also make sure that anything spider wrapped if it's on a peg the wrap goes on the peg. Security gets pushed after first electronics is done broken out. Street date items are not to be left on the floor unattended while the store is open as well as any security.

That's just for electronics a bunch of specific price points and items get wrapped throughout my store which nobody follows. Especially day-side.

Security can be different per store your TL or ETL may not actually know what's up AP will, there also may be a print out of what the security items are on the cage or in the lock-up.
Just make sure you don't lose the keys.

I would hate having to case movies. What a pain in the ass. Not to mention it looks terrible.

At my store it's
59.99 and up get's wrapped or put behind glass for all of electronics. All SD cards get cased, all blue-rays get cased, dvd's over 39.99 bucks get cased, USB drives 64GB and up get cased. All serial numbers for ipads, ipods, iwatches, appletv are written down as well on the security report. Also make sure that anything spider wrapped if it's on a peg the wrap goes on the peg. Security gets pushed after first electronics is done broken out. Street date items are not to be left on the floor unattended while the store is open as well as any security.

That's just for electronics a bunch of specific price points and items get wrapped throughout my store which nobody follows. Especially day-side.

Security can be different per store your TL or ETL may not actually know what's up AP will, there also may be a print out of what the security items are on the cage or in the lock-up.
Just make sure you don't lose the keys.
From what I've seen, our electronics TM prints out the security report (I'll get flow TL to do this) himself and handles that first before the rest of electronics. I think we're a little more lenient on what gets wrapped or cased, e.g. SD cards don't and while BDs over $20 or something like that do. I don't know for sure because for some reason out of all the numbers I deal with on flow and instocks, I can never remember the price points for DVDs/BDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back