Archived Employee discount card on a smartphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiminy

I'd like to order 1 large person with extra people
Hey guys so I saw someone today (a Target employee) (who I've never seen before) and they had their employee discount card (the bar code) on their phone? Is this a special thing for only certain employees or can anyone have it on their phone? I haven't received my discount card yet so I was wondering if I could do this as well.

Thanks.

One of my GSA has it on an app, don't remember the name of it. One of my ETLs took a picture of hers because her dog ate it.
You should have recieved a temporary card with your number on it, when you get your real one order a backup (because they get destroyed easily).

TM at my store had an app called "key ring" that you could load all of your loyalty cards (with barcodes) on to, including your TM discount.
AP used to discourage that but I think the reasoning for it went by the wayside.

Last edited:
It might be CurrentC
Possible answer, I've got an ETL who is part "Digital Adviser" who uses it. Combines Cartwheel, TM Discount and Redcard supposedly but I don't trust CurrentC. Really it could be any number of apps. Android Pay, I think a TM uses BeepNGo, etc. Hell it could be a picture of the card itself honestly.

CurrentC is the only one we are allowed to scan according to the rules on work bench (I ran across this last week on WB for some reason). It did say specifically only CurrentC for TM discount. Some people at my store have it on keychain, but we really aren't supposed to take it (you could add the number to all of your friends' phones if you wanted) so I wouldn't try presents got outside your home store.

CurrentC is the only one we are allowed to scan according to the rules on work bench (I ran across this last week on WB for some reason). It did say specifically only CurrentC for TM discount. Some people at my store have it on keychain, but we really aren't supposed to take it (you could add the number to all of your friends' phones if you wanted) so I wouldn't try presents got outside your home store.
Hubby had his on keytag. But they know him at both our stores. Hypothetically if we asked for I'd it wouldn't be an issue who had it on their phone...keytag let's you upload the actual card image with your name on it.

I cut the barcode part of my discount card and taped it on the side of my redcard.

same here, but i ran it through hrs copy machine first lol, last time i lost the original it took 2 months for the new one to come in ¬_¬

One of my teammates cropped a copy & put it on the backside of his name badge.

I wrapped mine in tape because I didn't have access to a laminate machine. It holds up pretty good

Apps like key ring will work for any bar code, since bar codes are a universal medium. CurrentC does not hold your discount alone, but instead it combined it with a form of payment and your cartwheel code. CurrentC generates a 3d barcode each time it is opened.

Aaaand alot of people also express their discontent with currentc which is is totally unfounded as it is backed by a few other huge venues like walmart, and has as much risk from problems and hackings as any other payment method.

You will also need to get used to it, because target strives to get everyone on red cards with the discount, and neither work on other payment services since those other services take a cut just like the credit cards did.

Anyone's CurrentC not working when trying to pay? Can't get mine to work for some reason.

If we don't have our employee card on us, the cashier will just manually enter the employee ID. There's really no reason to have the card or the app.

If we don't have our employee card on us, the cashier will just manually enter the employee ID. There's really no reason to have the card or the app.
Not every store is the same...but at my store the cashier will get written up if they type in the numbers for someone who forgot their card. That function is only met for team members that are new with the temp card.

Ditto here.
You key in someone's TM# without them showing the card & it's an auto write-up.
They adopted the policy three ETL-APs ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back