Ending the two-tier vs. three-tier debate once and for all

What do you call these carts?

• Total voters
That made me have a flashback to the red tubs that were for plano with drawers and dividers for shelves.😆 Then I thought of the cardboard attachments they made for the shopping carts that were the "signing cart" 🤣

Yes!!! I loved the Plano tub! I kept ours long after it was useful and would just store all my signing stuff on it- even decked it out with some old ISM (Hulk and Lego Wyld Style and Hank the Octopus).

I don't think we used the cardboard shopping cart for long. I vaguely remember it was a thing but I'm pretty sure we decided it was stupid and chucked it. 😆

Three levels = triple tier. When I sort my repacks, I use that bottom part all the time, even for smallish items by stacking them on larger items for the same aisle. Also when working on resets, using old waco boxes that were getting tossed. I don't care if they're sort of beaten up, they still work.
And wow, do I miss those tubs, both the open ones and the ones with a shelf. They were so incredibly useful. Kind of loud when empty - sounded like thunder rumbling while rolling it along.
One complaint about the triple tier carts is how it can be so hard to get the top tier to go back to level if someone leaves it tilted.

They aren't great for DU though. The levels are too close together which makes it hard to get bags in/out of the 2nd tier. Also the bottom isn't really usable unless you have bulky items like TP or cat litter. And now with the Starbucks divider added in, there's even less room.
At my store we just use shopping carts for DU but I have to agree with you on what the bottom part is good for

One complaint about the triple tier carts is how it can be so hard to get the top tier to go back to level if someone leaves it tilted.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who struggles with this; it really seems like the top level gets stuck sometimes
There's a certain way it has to be done. Lift it straight up at full tilt, then it should fall back down into place easily.

My store generally refers to them as "three tiers." Some of the long timers refer to them as "logistics carts" sometimes.

We used to use shopping carts for DU but, cooperates visited and said we couldn’t use them any more.
Odd; I could see the excuse being that it somehow affects guests but it's like one or two carts, therefore big whoop lol

That made me have a flashback to the red tubs that were for plano with drawers and dividers for shelves.😆 Then I thought of the cardboard attachments they made for the shopping carts that were the "signing cart" 🤣
We swiped one of the plano carts to use for Instocks to help remerchandise MPG aisles. They were the best!

Odd; I could see the excuse being that it somehow affects guests but it's like one or two carts, therefore big whoop lol

When we used carts for DU, we were using 5. I like the 3 tiers better because they are visually an employee cart vs a guest cart and we can bring out more orders on a 3 tier. We can easily put 5 on one 3 tier, but if we use the red bins and the giant carabiner, we can take more than that. Can't do that with a shopping cart. Sometimes we will grab carts for exceptionally large orders

When we used carts for DU, we were using 5. I like the 3 tiers better because they are visually an employee cart vs a guest cart and we can bring out more orders on a 3 tier. We can easily put 5 on one 3 tier, but if we use the red bins and the giant carabiner, we can take more than that. Can't do that with a shopping cart. Sometimes we will grab carts for exceptionally large orders
When we used guest carts we could get 4 orders on a cart. One in the middle, one on the top, we attached 2 hooks to use for small one or 2 bag orders. I liked them better than the 3 tiers.

Back