Archived ETL and walkie on 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else have etl's who go on and on using the walkie on channel 1. We all find it annoying. The guests find it annoying, but the new etl's seem to like to hear themselves talk.. Is it something in the new training because the seasoned etl's don't do it.

Also I was wondering why (again, new etl's) tell TM's what areas to straighten up while on channel 1. I would think if the tm didn't know what to do the tl should be retraining them. I don't feel it is necessary for lod to be barking orders at TM's - All.Day.Long. It's not a way to win over TM's at all.

Does anyone else find it annoying? Oh, and if I hear them say the word awesome again I am going to start calling them the Kardashian's. There are other adjectives in the English language..

Does anyone else have etl's who go on and on using the walkie on channel 1. We all find it annoying. The guests find it annoying, but the new etl's seem to like to hear themselves talk.. Is it something in the new training because the seasoned etl's don't do it.

Also I was wondering why (again, new etl's) tell TM's what areas to straighten up while on channel 1. I would think if the tm didn't know what to do the tl should be retraining them. I don't feel it is necessary for lod to be barking orders at TM's - All.Day.Long. It's not a way to win over TM's at all.

Does anyone else find it annoying? Oh, and if I hear them say the word awesome again I am going to start calling them the Kardashian's. There are other adjectives in the English language..

at my store the word is uhhh maze'ing

At my store the LOD always gets on and says "Salesfloor I have __ vehicles of push on the line, soooooo, if you're not working on a vehicle please come back and grab one"

Like, WTF else do you think we're doing? Yes, helping guests, and backing up at the front, but unless we're doing those, we're always occupied

at my store the word is uhhh maze'ing
OH yeah, that's the other one that makes me cringe.
Maybe they can try to use words like - Great job or thanks. Hell, just hand the TM a biscuit like would you do to any other dog who did what they were told.

Last edited:
At my store the LOD always gets on and says "Salesfloor I have __ vehicles of push on the line, soooooo, if you're not working on a vehicle please come back and grab one"

Like, WTF else do you think we're doing? Yes, helping guests, and backing up at the front, but unless we're doing those, we're always occupied

As a Perishables Assistant my all time favorite is "Market Team (I am the only person in Market), you have a Pull in the Dairy Cooler".

I love to respond, this is the Market Team, I will get to that when I finish the 3 that I have that just dropped in the back room.

I pushed my luck one day and said, "This is the market team. I'm taking my 30."
I didn't get in trouble but I never did it again.
It's just so annoying when they call the one person "market team" and run your legs off.

There was a day when they only scheduled the Plano team for about four hours.
Later in the day it was only me and the PTL left.
I was in the fixture room when I heard the LOD say the Plano team had better get up front and help and the PTL replied he/it already was.
Shut her right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back