Archived ETL pay at Spot versus Trader Joe's and Costco?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the pay of regular hourly workers at Costco/trader joes trumps that of what hourly workers at Target get. Was curious though, is assistant manger/manager pay vastly different as well?

My gut tells me that it's better than Trader Joe's, and less than Costco. That's just a gut -- no facts.

Our STL just left to go work for trader Joes. She said she didn't like the target was going and also wanted a better work life balance for the same pay.

Costco department managers start around $60,000 which is about $20k more than a starting Target ETL. It goes up to $65k after about a year if you're doing alright.

Our STL just left to go work for trader Joes. She said she didn't like the target was going and also wanted a better work life balance for the same pay.
Hell if you're my STL you have a GREAT work life balance... shes going on her third vacation this year next week..... (and they're not just 2-3 days they're a full week) -_-

Costco department managers start around $60,000 which is about $20k more than a starting Target ETL. It goes up to $65k after about a year if you're doing alright.
pretty sure they start closer to 50 now (I believe a bit over that)... they were at 43k in 2009 in my area... and it wasn't a high cost of living area..

Hell if you're my STL you have a GREAT work life balance... shes going on her third vacation this year next week..... (and they're not just 2-3 days they're a full week) -_-
Everyone, not just the stl, can get paid vacation. I've been with target 20 years. I'm no longer an etl, so I get 5 x my avg hours of yearly vacation. If I were a tl or higher up, I would get 5 weeks of 40 hours paid vacation.

Having paid vacation is great, and we all need time off from work every once in a while. it just gets annoying when it seems like it's excessive (every other week/becomes a major burden for others having to cover LOD shifts/watching over a fellow team lead's department)/for really long amounts of time/taken at a not very ideal time (major transitions, holidays, new leadership starting in the store).

Everyone, not just the stl, can get paid vacation. I've been with target 20 years. I'm no longer an etl, so I get 5 x my avg hours of yearly vacation. If I were a tl or higher up, I would get 5 weeks of 40 hours paid vacation.
I'm just sayin 3 Vacations and its barely April... and we only have 4 ETLS in our store lol which will be 3 when AP and HR combine... I was just kind of jokin but even the ETLs I've talked to think its excessive.. and one which has been with target 19 years (no degree so I'm not sure if that's why he's not STL.. he even does the ETL schedules lol and basically runs the store when she's not in the store)... I personally like her but just ranting sort of because I'm supposed to meet with her about what I'm doing after I graduate this fall lol and its been put off twice..

Sounds like my ETL-HR. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes more vacations than my STL. Must be nice.

I wish my stl took more vacations. He does this robotic,stepford, pep squad, cheerleader, brainwashed, Cheshire Cat smile thing and I always have to play along like I'm as excited about target as he is.

I'm interviewing soon for ETL, after speaking with newer ETL's about compensation I would start at the 50-55k range with my experience, 2 years with target started as seasonal TM, she said she started in the 45-50k range because she was right out of college. I also live in a high volume district so that might add to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back