Experience with tips?

Batteryguy556

Repent
Anyone have experience with receiving unsolicited tips? I work mobile and I've gotten over $50 in tips this month from helping old people with CC. I never ask for tips nor expect them yet they give it anyways. I know it's probably frowned upon by spot but these people are insistent. What do? Anyone have similar experiences?

Also, I think they tip me because I give them more time than other mobile techs (both here and in other retail chains I've worked for)... Most of my department just shrugs them off and says "call cc"

Are you Target or uhh whatever the mobile company is? TechSource? I feel like I'm making that name up. Anyway, unless they've been updated, Target's guidelines are: refuse the tip, but once you have you can take it if they insist, and then let a leader know. I would tell TMs to refuse it by saying "our policy isn't to accept tips", because if someone wants to give you money, let them. Also, I don't think I've seen it explained anywhere, but I'm guessing telling a leader is to cover your ass re: any imagined or assumed theft (which implies that Target thinks you'd be smart about it and just not mention it if you WERE stealing, I guess).

edit: MarketSource?? Am I getting warmer?

Are you Target or uhh whatever the mobile company is? TechSource? I feel like I'm making that name up. Anyway, unless they've been updated, Target's guidelines are: refuse the tip, but once you have you can take it if they insist, and then let a leader know. I would tell TMs to refuse it by saying "our policy isn't to accept tips", because if someone wants to give you money, let them. Also, I don't think I've seen it explained anywhere, but I'm guessing telling a leader is to cover your ass re: any imagined or assumed theft (which implies that Target thinks you'd be smart about it and just not mention it if you WERE stealing, I guess).

edit: MarketSource?? Am I getting warmer?
No I work directly for target. We don't have a third party except for our various vendors.

Back