Archived Explain Paid and Lefts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NPC

特別な目を開けるためにパトリックを殺す
Okay, can someone walk me through step by step how to handle paid and lefts? In very simple, and easy to understand terms. Paid and lefts are strange to me. Fortunately, they're rare in my store, unless we have new cashiers. However, this is also unfortunate, because when they do happen, I feel unsure what to do from lack of practice. I handle them, but, I'm still paranoid I'm not doing it to brand. I'm going to list some scenarios, for which you can explain the correct steps in how to handle them.

1.) A guest comes in with their receipt, explaining they left a bag behind. They tell the GSTM which items they were. All small items, under $20. There IS a paid and left receipt, showing the items where processed. The guest grabs new items, and brings them up to GS. What is next?

2.) A guest comes in with a receipt for their left items. The items are under $20, however there is NO paid and left slip, showing that the items where ever accounted for and turned in. We used to call AP to have them look into it, before replacing the items for the guest, but that's become a thing of the past do to AP being busy, or sometimes absent all together.

3.) Any other tips or situation you can think of, and how they should be handled.

Last edited:
112 views and not a single response. Looks like I'm not the only person whom find Paid and Lefts unnecessarily confusing.

I've never heard of it, but I'm still kinda new...

It's been too long since I've been behind the SD so I can only go on what we USED to do.
If they had a receipt & there was a receipt showing the items had been rung under 'paid & left' function, they could either pick out the items or receive a refund (particularly for clearanced items long gone).
If they didn't have a receipt nor was it rung under/notated under paid & left, it was up to the discretion of the ETL &/or AP.
For small/low-dollar items they would allow them to get them & bring them up to SD but there would be NO refunds offered.

What we do at my SD is check their receipt and have them describe the items for us, check our Paid and Left bin to see if someone just put it in there. If not, call AP who would then look up footage to see if said items were ever placed in the guests bags and the left with them or really did forget them. If they did forget them, they just go get the items, we make sure the DPCIs match and just let them go their way.

If by any chance they DON'T have a receipt ask for a description of the items, check P&L bin. If not there, ask GSTL or AP how to go about the process. What we even do is scan their cards as if they're returning the items and make sure they do pop up in the card.

Got a paid and left receipt? Got an original receipt? Just go into pay outs under the paid and left screen, scan the paid and left receipt, scan their receipt, and they get a gift card to go and find what they left or buy other things. No paid and left receipt? I use my best judgement. If it's small, I generally let them go grab it real quick. If not, I'll have AP check the cameras. If they don't have their receipt, it's a no go.
Of course, as always, ASANTS. Partner with your GSA/GTSLs and AP to figure out what works best for your store as far as processing goes.

Please always partner with AP if it's mid-dollar or high-dollar items, or the guest is claiming they left multiple items. If AP is not in the building, get a name, contact number, and the receipt information (receipt ID and DPCIs of the P&L items) so that AP can look it up on their next shift and contact the guest. If it's a stick of gum or a candy bar, eh... use your best judgment.

We had some scammers a few weeks ago find a receipt on the ground in the parking lot and claim that some of the items were paid and lefts. They came in TWICE the same day and got nearly $100 back in cash after the two visits because nobody bothered informing AP until after the fact (I could have choked a couple of LODs that day). They tried coming in a third time a few days later and we finally shut them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back