Archived Extended hours for Christmas time start today

Status
Not open for further replies.
so today we opened at 7am, and none of the leaders in the building actually knew about it until the STL came in at 6:45 and asked where the GSTL and Starbucks opener were.

we had to have the STL open some registers, the CTL started opening Starbucks, and then for about an hour, they had a flow TM on a lane, and the ETL-HR at Guest Services.

this entire "oh shit" moment between the STL and the ETL-LOG went out over channel 1, providing lots of morning entertainment for everyone else.

so today we opened at 7am, and none of the leaders in the building actually knew about it until the STL came in at 6:45 and asked where the GSTL and Starbucks opener were.

we had to have the STL open some registers, the CTL started opening Starbucks, and then for about an hour, they had a flow TM on a lane, and the ETL-HR at Guest Services.

this entire "oh shit" moment between the STL and the ETL-LOG went out over channel 1, providing lots of morning entertainment for everyone else.

Haha...same thing at my store. They scheduled an opener for cashier and guest services, but then didn't have the GSTL come in until 7:30am. And I guess none of the salesfloor showed up before 8am. We had weird hours all over the place, and the lack of consistency was incredibly confusing.

I think it's funny how there's calendar for the hours of December on the entrance and one in the breakroom hallway that's been up since the week of Black Friday yet every team member asks "what time do we close tonight".

I think it's terribly gross for them to be open until 11 Christmas Eve. I'm off from my day job and changed my availability until 7 p.m. that night. But I feel bad for my fellow TMs who have to be there that late on 12/24.
They're trying to get the overnight team to come in Christmas Eve and work until about 3 or 4 am Christmas Day at my store.... Yeah pass.

At my store, it's gonna be open til midnight tonight. 11pm on Sunday. The midnight close streak doesn't happen until next Saturday up until Christmas Eve Eve. And can't forget the lovely 7am opening too. Who's gonna be shopping at 7am at Target? This isn't Albertson's or Kroger. I don't get the logic. Closing today at midnight but then every day after until next Saturday is closing at 11pm.
My store closes at 11pm on sundays and midnight the rest of the week all the time... lmao

I think it's funny how there's calendar for the hours of December on the entrance and one in the breakroom hallway that's been up since the week of Black Friday yet every team member asks "what time do we close tonight".

At least you have a way to find out, though. Last year, there was no communication at my store with regards to open hours, and it turned into a huge clusterfuck.

I'm glad we even have the calendar this year.

Only 4 shopping days left so all of this chaos will be over soon.

At my store, they're giving away two Star Wars Target shirts to people with perfect attendance and no hitting compliance for Christmas Week.

At my store, they're giving away two Star Wars Target shirts to people with perfect attendance and no hitting compliance for Christmas Week.
If they do this at my store I better be getting a full size Darth Vader outfit. ;) Perfect attendance and compliance since starting at Target March 2015.

My store didn't put that calendar up until last week some time. And it's only at the entrances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back