Archived extra $1 for CTL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backroom88

Receiving_genius
just wondering since im going to take a CTL position. I make a little over $11 now. I know they told me at least $3 and extra $1 for flow TL bcus key carrier but does CTL get extra $1 since you dealing with food?

just wondering since im going to take a CTL position. I make a little over $11 now. I know they told me at least $3 and extra $1 for flow TL bcus key carrier but does CTL get extra $1 since you dealing with food?

I don't believe so. In SuperTargets, food department TLs are/were N15, but as far as I know, a P-Fresh CTL would be paid the same as any other non-keyholding TL.

I don't believe so. In SuperTargets, food department TLs are/were N15, but as far as I know, a P-Fresh CTL would be paid the same as any other non-keyholding TL.
Unless it's a senior tl position like my store. So key carrying and more $$.

It would put me at a little over $14 is that good for a TL?

$12/hr is not enough for any TL position, IMO. Especially CTL which is arguably one of the more difficult TL positions.

What do you believe it makes it more difficult? There are more endcaps to maintain in just Toys/Sports alone than all of consumables. Far less PTM and clearance due to the far fewer resets those areas go through. Vendors is another thing. As long as the TL has a working relationship with them then that is also pretty straight forward.

$12/hr is not enough for any TL position, IMO. Especially CTL which is arguably one of the more difficult TL positions.
I was wondering the same thing! What makes the position harder? I ONLY know LOGISTICS. Am I In for a surprise as a CTL?

I was wondering the same thing! What makes the position harder? I ONLY know LOGISTICS. Am I In for a surprise as a CTL?
yes its the most stressful position in the store. Run a whole grocery store of food and manage vendors, TMs, FDC truck push, set sales planners for all of dry grocery and pfresh.
It just never stops. Answer to steritech when they ding you for not being clean. every weekend is a FOOD holiday and we sell so much, so there will be outs in the fresh valley, get use to flexing anywhere and everywhere. oh, and run fresh on 2 PAs, cut hours so nothing gets done.
Don't forget inventory every quarter.

What do you believe it makes it more difficult? There are more endcaps to maintain in just Toys/Sports alone than all of consumables. Far less PTM and clearance due to the far fewer resets those areas go through. Vendors is another thing. As long as the TL has a working relationship with them then that is also pretty straight forward.

In my Store Consumables comes to about 95 endcaps, Consumables is also roughly 40% of my store volume, so that is 1 TL dealing with 40% of the stores volume, which imo is not exactly fair, but whatever. Also Vendors, dealing with Vendors is probably the least straight forward thing we deal with, not to mention Steritech visits, etc. At my store Market/Consumables is looked at as the place TLs go to die (get performanced out). I realize all stores are not the same, but this is how I view it in my store.

Looks like the posters above me already answered, but I did say arguably when I called CTL one of the more difficult positions. Having a good friend who is currently a CTL, I personally believe it to be a very stressful TL role just from hearing all the shit she has to put up with, from vendors to Steritech to being the only person in charge of a very critical and high-volume area of the store. But again, others may disagree with me. It's just my opinion.

Wow it sounds like it is. I was thinking backroom was the most stressful! Huge trucks plus flexible fullfilment instocks and receiving. Not to mention all the backstock pogs empty location audits suspect date audit item merge. Then if a pallet is unlocated it falls on you because it was unlocated then thats missed sales. I hope i can be succesful as a new CTL!

In my Store Consumables comes to about 95 endcaps, Consumables is also roughly 40% of my store volume, so that is 1 TL dealing with 40% of the stores volume, which imo is not exactly fair, but whatever. Also Vendors, dealing with Vendors is probably the least straight forward thing we deal with, not to mention Steritech visits, etc. At my store Market/Consumables is looked at as the place TLs go to die (get performanced out). I realize all stores are not the same, but this is how I view it in my store.
Get performanced out by who? ETL? Perisable assistant? Other TLs?

I would find it very difficult for my ETL to outperform me ! I don't want to sound like those people that only complain and Talk bad about ETL's just the fact that this one has never set any type of pog Ever and never helps out with sales floor or market.

What exactly does performance out means ?
They start building a paper trail of 'performance issues'.
Issues that wouldn't affect any other team member are suddenly used to build a case against you.
Politics are frequently involved & it can be difficult to prove that standards are being unevenly applied when they want you out.

Last edited:
yes its the most stressful position in the store. Run a whole grocery store of food and manage vendors, TMs, FDC truck push, set sales planners for all of dry grocery and pfresh.
It just never stops. Answer to steritech when they ding you for not being clean. every weekend is a FOOD holiday and we sell so much, so there will be outs in the fresh valley, get use to flexing anywhere and everywhere. oh, and run fresh on 2 PAs, cut hours so nothing gets done.
Don't forget inventory every quarter.
Get performanced out by who? ETL? Perisable assistant? Other TLs?

ETLs a few things brought me to this...

1) Other TLs telling me this is why so and so was put over here.
2) ETL-HR saying "this is where I have seen TL's go to die" right after very impromptu discussion about my TL. (This was awkward and it seemed I was being called in to help performance my own boss out).
3) In my time of being a PA I have had 3 different TLs in 3 years... All other TLs in the building have been here longer than I.
4) I am a PA and am at the forefront of all of these problems mentioned above.

Wow it sounds like it is. I was thinking backroom was the most stressful! Huge trucks plus flexible fullfilment instocks and receiving. Not to mention all the backstock pogs empty location audits suspect date audit item merge. Then if a pallet is unlocated it falls on you because it was unlocated then thats missed sales. I hope i can be succesful as a new CTL!

Instocks, Recieving, SDA, and big Trucks, will all follow you.. (Big Trucks, because the Flow Team left and with a ton not done, and u gotta get it done while finding a certain flavor of Friskies in Dr.Furlong's tastes)or else that kitty is gonna be mighty angry

. Also Steritech is here, Starbucks and FA were perfect, don't F%$k it up. These 3 pallets of turkeys we received are all weighed wrong.. Our Milk Vendor brought us Great Value Milk instead of Market Pantry, There's a recall on redwire for Gummy Worms, but only for the dates between 5/13-5/31 and 7/13-7/15, but only in the years expiring 2016 and 2018. Did you call those 3 vendors to remind them that they have a spot in seasonal in 2 weeks? Also I forgot to mention, we failed Steritech, Backroom backstocked pre-cooked Bacon with Raw Bacon. You need to train them better. Oh ya I forgot to tell you about all you need to fix in section A now.. After you backup the lanes and get us a Red Card.

PS: Don't Freak out, and become friends with your PA's, actually try and be a team, not just the "leader"

I'd get into the CTL position. 14 is on the low side, but you're pretty well left alone and you get to get in with the vendors. The three CTL's I know love it. Hours are the most difficult part. You have to learn to accept incomplete work on a daily basis and do your best.

2) ETL-HR saying "this is where I have seen TL's go to die" right after very impromptu discussion about my TL. (This was awkward and it seemed I was being called in to help performance my own boss out).
3) In my time of being a PA I have had 3 different TLs in 3 years... All other TLs in the building have been here longer than I.
Maybe those TLs really werent that good. I feel that market/pfresh/consumables is a position that is for organized people and i feel that im beyond organized. Its a very "mono" position even though you have a team you hardly work with them. Being alone i feel thats what im great at I have been able to turn around processes at my store as a Team member, dont see why it should change as a TL. I feel that if you are a great leader no matter what position they put you at that you can still be successful.

Maybe those TLs really werent that good. I feel that market/pfresh/consumables is a position that is for organized people and i feel that im beyond organized. Its a very "mono" position even though you have a team you hardly work with them. Being alone i feel thats what im great at I have been able to turn around processes at my store as a Team member, dont see why it should change as a TL. I feel that if you are a great leader no matter what position they put you at that you can still be successful.

They were good TLs, both actually SRTL's who all TMs respect.

I find it... oddly enough, it is not for the organized people, although for some, that may help, but for people who need everything "orderly" all the time, market I could see as a struggle, as for a work center that should STRIVE to be the MOST consistent, it is EASILY the worst at consistency... I have learned that in order to have everything work out in Market you should always plan for plan B, not A as that will more than likely fail (and will likely come from corporate). More often than not it will be on the spot planning, not an organized to do list. (Train your PA's to be able to do this too, as you can't be their all the time and your PA's can make or break you)

Most importantly, work WITH your PAs not THROUGH them, otherwise you are taking them away from their Core Roles, which will come back to bite you in the ass eventually.

Lol this is me. I've gone through the tls to the point vendors ask if im going to be promoted since I'm usually running the department while I wait for the new tl. I tell them I was trained old school and don't fit the vibe so doubt it. A lot of people say consumables is easy but lately hardliners have been rotated in an D they start panicking. There's a running joke that no one crosses the red line.

I think The turnover rate it's the same in every department. My store however all the team leads have been there 10+ years except one. But I'm sure logistics hardlines soft lines pog all have high turnover is not just consumables!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back