Archived Fast Friendly Fun Store is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store do not feels Friendly and Fun anymore. Since new STL get here, everything we facing gets so nervous.
STL so eager to get thing clean, done, and perfect EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. He changes department zone style back to wave zone style.
Due to this fact, all customer go to electronic or other side of store to get help. Most of time guest can't find anyone in the department.

How can I suggest someone above him to make store back like before (FFF/department zone type)? instead talk to STL?
I might get fire because of this suggestion which will ruin his good record.....
I even heard someone might get fire due to call out situation... is that a new rule??? or STL make it up???

I have never head of somebody getting fired due to calling out a situation. Go ahead and tell the STL that you are concerned about guest service during the wave zone style.

A good record can only be maintained if the person actually listens to other people.

Guest surveys & call buttons scores will get him. On the wave zone, a tm is supposed to stay or near electronics. Ck on workbench for details. How big is your store?

My store do not feels Friendly and Fun anymore. Since new STL get here, everything we facing gets so nervous.
STL so eager to get thing clean, done, and perfect EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. He changes department zone style back to wave zone style.
Due to this fact, all customer go to electronic or other side of store to get help. Most of time guest can't find anyone in the department.

How can I suggest someone above him to make store back like before (FFF/department zone type)? instead talk to STL?
I might get fire because of this suggestion which will ruin his good record.....
I even heard someone might get fire due to call out situation... is that a new rule??? or STL make it up???

I would not say anything! Just make the best of the situation. The new STL is probably trying to "make his own mark" in the store. Most stores are no longer FFF, I am sad to admit, but that's the way it is right now.

Perhaps at a chat session you might want to bring some stuff up, but I would not go above your STL and suggest that he change the zoning method back to the old way.

Target might have an open door policy, but most managers have a long memory, if you get what I mean.

ESL?
It's tough when a new boss comes in and runs around pissing in the corners to make their mark.
You really can't do anything about it.
Keep a couple of things in mind, the life span on STL's at Target can be fairly short before they move on or up and some of them actually learn from their mistakes.

Thanks bikebryan for catching my mistake.

Last edited:
ESL?
It's tough when a new boss comes in and runs around pissing in the corners to make their mark.
You really can't do anything about it.
Keep a couple of things in mind, the life span on ETL's at Target is fairly short before they move on or up and some of them actually learn from their mistakes.

Too bad they were complaining about their STL and not an ETL...

Try talking to the HR.. say you wish to remain annonomus if you wish to be.. or a ETL that's pretty friendly..

OR!! when Corporate visits.. I've gone above my ETL/HR and both TL's by pulling my DTL to the side and having a nice chat with him..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back