Archived "Fast Track" to TL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I'm a flow team member at my store. I'm in my last month of my 90 days, and recently my TL and ETL have been talking about the possibility of me becoming a TL. I was just made "flow team captain", where I will be in charge of the flow team when my TL isn't there, starting this Sunday. I've heard about people being on the "fast track" to promotion, and I'd greatly appreciate any insight you guys could give about what that means, and what these "interviews after my 90 days are up" would entail. I really don't get what sets me apart from my fellow team members, and I'm a bit nervous about being a team member and leading the flow team without any previous leadership experience.

Thanks in advance!

"Hawkeye"

Depends on how bad they need TL.

Also how much they need a carrot.

I heard there is bunnies secretly working for spot that like carrots...but it's all haresay :D

------------------

Alot can set you apart from your fellow team members we are all unique but we shouldn't underestimate ourselves and our abilities to succeed and climb that ladder. I've heard TL interviews and there were a good amount of STAR (Situation. Task. Activity. Result) questions asked and since you've already been working for spot you can apply it to that as you've probably had your share of experiences like me during my first 60 days

A blog guide explaining giving some tips on STAR questions - http://careers.theguardian.com/careers-blog/star-technique-competency-based-interview

As Corvus has stated it's either A) They need a TL (and carrot) or B: You have shined and made a really good impression during your days being there so far

I have a feeling it's B :)

I'm in my last month of my 90 days, and recently my TL and ETL have been talking about the possibility of me becoming a TL."Hawkeye"

Same thing here as a Backroom TM. It had not yet been two months by the time they asked if I was interested as well. My ETL asked first followed by the Backroom TL. I definitely share your thoughts on this. Best of luck to you getting the position.

I'm in my last month of my 90 days, and recently my TL and ETL have been talking about the possibility of me becoming a TL."Hawkeye"

Same thing here as a Backroom TM. It had not yet been two months by the time they asked if I was interested as well. My ETL asked first followed by the Backroom TL. I definitely share your thoughts on this. Best of luck to you getting the position.

Thanks lol. We've got major logistic problems at my store; our ETL quit without notice a month ago and our new ETL is more concerned with getting our backroom in order than anything having to do with flow team. My girlfriend and I are the top performers on flow, and I guess compared to everyone else I'm kinda great in comparison. I made a name for myself by being "captain" of Domestics, and I'm now able to bowl out and push Domestics by 8 when the store opens. I'm leading flow team alone on Sunday, so I guess that will be a litmus test for my leadership potential.

Thanks lol. We've got major logistic problems at my store; our ETL quit without notice a month ago and our new ETL is more concerned with getting our backroom in order than anything having to do with flow team. My girlfriend and I are the top performers on flow, and I guess compared to everyone else I'm kinda great in comparison. I made a name for myself by being "captain" of Domestics, and I'm now able to bowl out and push Domestics by 8 when the store opens. I'm leading flow team alone on Sunday, so I guess that will be a litmus test for my leadership potential.

That's great to hear. Definitely need your logistics team working right, good luck to that ETL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back