Archived Favorite and least favorite areas to work on the floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favorites: pharmacy & personal care (it's my DBO area and I like helping guests find what they need in the midst of so many little products), stationery (so many pretty office-y things), the sheets & towels part of domestics (pretty colors, soft fabrics).

Least liked: soft lines (back before modernization and I'd get stuck doing soft lines re-shop, I'd wander around endlessly, looking for the right rack), electronics (I have zero interest in games & phone accessories, etc.), seasonal (it's always a mess).

And just reading through these posts, isn't it fun to see how some people love an area and others can't stand it? Variety is a good thing!

Worst: Hearth and Fucking Hand/Home Dec.

Favorite: none

I am thankful my location doesn’t have the ginormous display of Hearth and Hand that many stores have. The aisle we have dedicated to it drives me nuts as it is. I wind up putting those things anywhere, especially with returns.

Favorites: home decor, any aisle with scented items (candles, shampoo, Aircare), any aisle with bottles or cans I can line up perfectly, baking items in Market, and the Naturals pog in beauty.

Dislikes: Frozen and Fresh areas in Market, shoes, BTS seasonal, and pets.

Favorite: Kitchen, Toys outside of 4th quarter

Hated: Electronics, HBA

Made the mistake of making myself too useful in electronics. They wont let me move away from it. :(

Favorites are dry market, paper, pets
Bullseye is not too horrible because it’s small and contained

Least favorite: infant hardlines because the guests over there are obnoxious like please don’t ask me for advice about your kid just because I work here, beauty because I know nothing about it, and stationary because it’s constantly a mess even not during BTS

I hate toys with a burning passion, especially on weekends.

I actually really like baby hardlines a lot.

Favorite has to be Electronics by far, probably because my store still treats it like a premium position where you need to be self sufficient and not need supervision to even be considered to work in that area.

Least favorite? Towels. Keep me the hell away from them, it's for the betterment of myself and the zone. Believe me. I suck at folding towels.

Runner up: Air freshener Aisle. This thing is always a mess, but at least I can get it fixed if I have the time.

I enjoy OPU a lot, even though I bitch so much about it.

I hate doing SFS. Depending on the day, either PICK is cancer or PACK is cancer.

There's only so much PACK I can handle.

I loved shoes because I had it spotless.

I hated shoes because price change.

Now I love doing pulls. I hate pushing truck. I'm a fbtl. I also like setting ends. I like when all the ends are perfect.

Favorite: luggage. Takes 5 minutes to zone no matter how fucked up it is.
Least favorite: ready to wear. Fuck all that folding and edging nonsense.

My actual favorites are: going outside to “make sure the pin lock is on the trailer” before locking/arming receiving aka vape break, at the service desk denying an angry Karen her third rock’n’play recall return by showing her every image of every affected DPCI Target sold and how it doesn’t match hers, in 239 with the hot gsa having inappropriate flirty conversations that no one has any clue about, in my office ‘writing an email’ aka texting, taking a lap around the sales floor aka tea time, working late alone blasting music... the list goes on lol, maybe my job isn’t so bad after all.
Actual least favorites: when the person covering fitting room break calls me over there to snitch about the person who’s break they’re covering taking an extra 6 minutes... bitch you aren’t going to complain when they finish their zone early and come help you finish yours as always so shut up. Also, fuck market for ‘forgetting’ to fill bananas. If I can do it in 5 minutes you can do it before you leave.

Favorite: luggage. Takes 5 minutes to zone no matter how fucked up it is.
Least favorite: ready to wear. Fuck all that folding and edging nonsense.

My actual favorites are: going outside to “make sure the pin lock is on the trailer” before locking/arming receiving aka vape break, at the service desk denying an angry Karen her third rock’n’play recall return by showing her every image of every affected DPCI Target sold and how it doesn’t match hers, in 239 with the hot gsa having inappropriate flirty conversations that no one has any clue about, in my office ‘writing an email’ aka texting, taking a lap around the sales floor aka tea time, working late alone blasting music... the list goes on lol, maybe my job isn’t so bad after all.
Actual least favorites: when the person covering fitting room break calls me over there to snitch about the person who’s break they’re covering taking an extra 6 minutes... bitch you aren’t going to complain when they finish their zone early and come help you finish yours as always so shut up. Also, fuck market for ‘forgetting’ to fill bananas. If I can do it in 5 minutes you can do it before you leave.
You still have a dedicated fitting room person who stays in the area? So jealous.

They also have a zone consisting of the areas closest to the FR, though.
Same way it is at our store, though once we were told there was no longer a fitting room person, they began scheduling them under Mens. We still sort reshop and take care of the fitting room, as well as zoning Mens, RTW clearance and C9/loungewear if we can get to it. But no one covers anyone's breaks (never did, even before the change), and for a long while they had several hours every day where the area was not covered at all. That was pretty much a disaster, and they have thankfully closed the gap between shifts now.

Same way it is at our store, though once we were told there was no longer a fitting room person, they began scheduling them under Mens. We still sort reshop and take care of the fitting room, as well as zoning Mens, RTW clearance and C9/loungewear if we can get to it. But no one covers anyone's breaks (never did, even before the change), and for a long while they had several hours every day where the area was not covered at all. That was pretty much a disaster, and they have thankfully closed the gap between shifts now.
We get way too much theft over there if it’s unattended for even half an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back