Archived FDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeCreeks

Fulfillment TL
I need to rant about FDC....

We only get it 2 days a week (Sunday & Thursday) but the driver shows up at 5:15 in the morning. No one is at the store until 5:30 and they can't unload it until after the inbound is being unloaded, usually between 730 & 8. This leads to drivers being pissed off cause they had to wait for 2 or 3 hours. Then, without fail, our 4 pallets are buried behind 6 pallets belonging to other stores so it takes 30 minutes to unload. My favorite part? The pallet with all the juice stacked on top of eggs leaning halfway to one direction.

For the first time yesterday that pallet actually collapsed, on the sales floor, and we lost more than half of the product.

Who else has similar issues with FDC?

We only get it 2 days a week (Sunday & Thursday) but the driver shows up at 5:15 in the morning. No one is at the store until 5:30 and they can't unload it until after the inbound is being unloaded, usually between 730 & 8. This leads to drivers being pissed off cause they had to wait for 2 or 3 hours. Then, without fail, our 4 pallets are buried behind 6 pallets belonging to other stores so it takes 30 minutes to unload. My favorite part? The pallet with all the juice stacked on top of eggs leaning halfway to one direction.

For the first time yesterday that pallet actually collapsed, on the sales floor, and we lost more than half of the product.

Talk to your stl yo make changes. I get my Fdc at night no later than 7 pm

Ours comes at 6am and we have them go to the opposite bay door we normally use for receiving so we don't have to break the line for them. In any case I thought I read that if vendors or other deliveries show up during the unload then we are to stop the unload and receive them?

Ours comes at 6am and we have them go to the opposite bay door we normally use for receiving so we don't have to break the line for them. In any case I thought I read that if vendors or other deliveries show up during the unload then we are to stop the unload and receive them?
I’m an overnight store so that doesn’t happen to us.

They break the line for us mine shows up around 7:45 am most days some times around 11:30 am.

We get pallets leaning and fallen over in the truck all the time take pictures and document everything.

I guess Target doesn't care about losing all that product. Who cares?

Best practice is to break off the inbound GM and process the FDC. FDC trailers get priority. Drivers should not be kept waiting 2-3 hours by stores unless it’s a driver error and even then, FDC takes priority.

As for the pallet / loading issues, trailer feedback forms for any issues like that, the FDC’s logistics partner reviews those.

My store has C&S so we have to deal directly with C&S if there is a pallet issue.

They break the line for us mine shows up around 7:45 am most days some times around 11:30 am.

We get pallets leaning and fallen over in the truck all the time take pictures and document everything.

How do I document? We had one the other day that took 3 people to put into the cooler because it was so heavy

How do I document? We had one the other day that took 3 people to put into the cooler because it was so heavy
That’s just juice NKG, what do you want them to send empty juice bottles? Come on now..

I got an email from our Food and Bev BP saying that FDC/C&S drivers should not be kept waiting because Inbound is sorting truck. They must break the line.

Last edited:

Like everyone has said, FDC truck gets priority over RDC no matter what. It makes it easy to make enemies with Inbound/Flow, Backroom, SFS because of that

I don't play around when FDC comes. I know how other stores treat my pallets so I want them in the cooler as fast as possible. That's why it pisses me off if they don't provide me where my pallets are. I don't have time to go look at the sheet or check every pallet.

I don't play around when FDC comes. I know how other stores treat my pallets so I want them in the cooler as fast as possible. That's why it pisses me off if they don't provide me where my pallets are. I don't have time to go look at the sheet or check every pallet.

Honestly if they tell you or dont tell you, you need to double check which pallets have your boxes inside the shrink wrap. I have seen multiple mistakes over the years because of people not doing this very thing.

As far as op goes... you need to change your process. It’s broken. FDC should not be waiting for you to do a GM unload, lol.

Your store either needs to alter the FDC delivery time/dates or you need to change your personal process. Making the FDC driver wait 2 hours every single time is a complete failure on the entire logistics leadership team and the STL.

Last edited:
All you people with enough cooler space to actually put pallets in are making me jealous. Ours are so small that whenever FDC shows up, almost everyone has to drop what they're doing and go push it. Oh, and since we can't have pallets on the floor anymore, it has to be sorted onto Uboats first. With freezer, cooler and candy, the whole process takes everyone away from their tasks for at least an hour. Really ruins the entire day and tbh I dread working those days because it always screws me over.

That sucks about the lack of cooler space. It already makes a tedious task of breaking down FDC pallets all the more menacing with an added time crunch of having to do it immediately without question. With my cooler space it was nice to pick and choose when to do it and which one. Allowed me to push my racks out first with no hiccup. Each store has its annoying factor that makes the job even more difficult and I had all of them except, thank God, a lack of cooler space.

RDC is always priority in our store over FDC. We can't just simply break the line either. Our store isn't set up to allow such a thing. And the other 2 bay doors are being used by the RDC trucks. We've told them several times they can't come before 8 so them waiting isn't on us, it's on them.

All you people with enough cooler space to actually put pallets in are making me jealous. Ours are so small that whenever FDC shows up, almost everyone has to drop what they're doing and go push it. Oh, and since we can't have pallets on the floor anymore, it has to be sorted onto Uboats first. With freezer, cooler and candy, the whole process takes everyone away from their tasks for at least an hour. Really ruins the entire day and tbh I dread working those days because it always screws me over.

No pallets on the floor anymore? Where are you, 1939 Germany? Have you seen any of the pics uploaded on Target's FB page? Right, no pallets on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back