Archived Feel the logistics team is the only people strong enough to pull heavy boxes from the top shelves

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's absolutely laziness. This is a guy that's been logistics for about a decade. I had to help him stripe it before he would even consider putting any effort at it.

9 out of 9 times its always laziness. Lack of pride in one's job can also be cited.

The obvious thing… they create more work and difficult work for themselves and the rest of the team by not doing the job right the first time.

So...I've never encountered this/heard this term (striping) before. It's probably not something that is common knowledge at my store. Care to share the wealth? Assortments are always a pain in the butt. We pull them, they get sent right back untouched because nobody knows how to tackle them.

I agree with that but training is minimal too. When you understand why you're supposed to do things certain ways, it reinforces it. But you have to have a level of "give a shit" for that to matter.

So...I've never encountered this/heard this term (striping) before. It's probably not something that is common knowledge at my store. Care to share the wealth? Assortments are always a pain in the butt. We pull them, they get sent right back untouched because nobody knows how to tackle them.
Striping is when multiple DPCIs are stowed on a single pallet. I try to avoid stowing things that look a like on the same pallet (bounty SAS and full sheet are a prime example).

The way I handle assortments is that if it's an endcap tray, I always type in the quantity it asks for and say No that I didn't take it all (UNLESS it's the pog pull for the endcap or I know the product NEEDS to go to the floor) and leave it in location. That way the shipper is still in location and the accumulator is satisfied. If it's like clothes or housewares that's not in a shipper, open the box and scan one of the items. As long as it has a location, the assortment should be worked and backstocked separately. Diaper and pet food/litter assortments should ALWAYS be broken down and worked/backstocked separately. Too often they drop in a CAF, the pallet pulled and left in the steel, unlocated. If I have to backstock assortment pallets for salesplans (usually shampoo or fem hygiene), I always tell the TL for the area and remind them constantly.

If it's like clothes or housewares that's not in a shipper, open the box and scan one of the items.
Doesn't this put that one item in the location in addition to the ASST and then added to the next audit? Aka make a baffle?

Doesn't this put that one item in the location in addition to the ASST and then added to the next audit? Aka make a baffle?
Your right in this given context. I totally meant to say in item search/nop but the thought didn't make it to my fingers.

Striping isn't just for palleted items... it could be used to backstock in any location (shelves and waccos too). Here's a very simple example using 4 different items on a pallet. Striping.png

The left image is a birds-eye view of the items stacked in a row 4 deep on a pallet. The right image is a head-on view of the same items now stacked in columns on the pallet. When you stripe, you do just that. All the same DPCIs stacked deep and high. Each row/column is one DPCI. Easy to see and pull. Stacking different DPCIs on or behind each other is improper backstocking technique. If you have to move a DPCI to get to another DPCI, that item was improperly backstocked.

This. Less than a week from inventory and today I was pulling cereal case packs, double stacked on the very top shelf, standing on the very top of the ladder. I don't even know how the hell they got them up there let alone double stacked. The rest of the lower shelves were empty.

One dude on top of ladder, other dude tosses boxes up to guy on ladder. They don't think just get it done..

Man, at least our O/NBRTL knows this common sense..

What I've observed is the obvious ASANA/ASANTS. Some stores it is definitely the majority of the LOG team whether it is a lazy BRTM on flow shift, or just an undertrained Flow TM backstocking.

Though the same can be said about some dayside TMs as well. We have come in to Tide being stocked on the top shelf, or things (Such as what I walked into this morning...) such as.finding random crap STOd on the steel (IE: Those tiny fans in HIPA that you can STO in wacos)

Just my observances.

I'm envious of all the stores with chem room in the steel. My store doesn't have any, it's plastics - paper - bulk beverage. All the chemicals are in the aisle. Luckily our remodel gave us those nice library ladders in the light duty area so we can take things off section 12 without it being suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back