Archived Filthy Tubs and Vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnarlypop

Backroom Padawan
I am amazed at how filthy our tubs are. Maybe mostly from leaky trash or other spills. Dark, cruddy stains; ground in dirt; unidentified messes - not one of our 30+ tubs actually looks good (and red!). I know we have few hours and there is rarely much extra time with existing TMs and workload (OK, never any extra time), but what does it say to our guests when the sales team rolls by with a caf of domestics on a filthy vehicle. I put everything in an overpack and still cringe thinking about what it looks like.

Any store doing any cleaning? Is this something done once a year? I think a cart boy could pressure wash a five or six a day once a quarter and it would make Spot shine a lot more. Hey, we do our floors every mornining ... why not go one better. The back room team could even do it.

BTW, I've mentioned this to store ETLs. How do you go about sharing such concerns and/or ideas with the big dogs in Minnesota?

ours aren't too bad... some of the flats have stains in the wood, but thats about the worst of it.

I am amazed at how filthy our tubs are. Maybe mostly from leaky trash or other spills. Dark, cruddy stains; ground in dirt; unidentified messes - not one of our 30+ tubs actually looks good (and red!). I know we have few hours and there is rarely much extra time with existing TMs and workload (OK, never any extra time), but what does it say to our guests when the sales team rolls by with a caf of domestics on a filthy vehicle. I put everything in an overpack and still cringe thinking about what it looks like.

Any store doing any cleaning? Is this something done once a year? I think a cart boy could pressure wash a five or six a day once a quarter and it would make Spot shine a lot more. Hey, we do our floors every mornining ... why not go one better. The back room team could even do it.

BTW, I've mentioned this to store ETLs. How do you go about sharing such concerns and/or ideas with the big dogs in Minnesota?

Nice idea, but as an overnight Backroom TM, having the task of doing pulls, truck backstock, AND floor backstock among other tasks, there would be no time to clean tubs and flats, and even if there was. I certainly wouldnt do it. I do enough for the little pay or appreciation im shown, last thing im adding to my tasks is store maintenance or cleaning.

When they start getting bad, we usually have the SFT power wash a couple at a time when he does the sidewalk in the mornings.

If he was on his game ----- your SFT ( SBS
bananaWrench.gif
) Should be giving them a squirt with the power washer 3 or 4 times a year
awesome.gif

If not bring one out to him first thing in the morning when he's doing the front entrance's - there's no reason why he shouldn't wash down a few --- unless he's a poo-head
toetap05.gif

And as always when he's siting in Tomain Ave. get him a coffee - and avoid eye contact --- we hate that
rolleyes5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back