Archived Fired for discrimination?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With no information on the circumstances of the termination, I'm going to say: NO.

Details please. Are you talking, example, 2 years or 20 years.

OP DMed me with some details. Since it was a DM I will respect their privacy and not go into details.

What transpired, as stated by OP, I wouldn't say was discrimination, as much as racially insensitive. Depending upon the part of the country, the makeup of the stores team (TMs, TLs, and ETLs), and how it was said, it could be considered on a scale from extremely inappropriate to racially charged. (No, the "n" word wasn't involved.) I think if it were a one time incident, in my store, the OP would be coached and placed on a final with another similar incident leading to a termination. However, based on what OP wrote and how past posters have talked about their terminations, my gut tells me information that is relevant is being held back.

My advice was to apply online from home. If they are called in for an interview they can plead their case in person. If they are marked unrehireable, they will just get a rejection.

And don't DM me for the details, because I will still respect OPs privacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back