Fired for stealing merch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very scared. I'm 23 years old. In my infinite wisdom, I had been stealing Funko pops from target. 4 to be exact. Moments of weakness don't excuse what I did, and I'm fine with being fired for it. You get what you deserve, so to speak. My question is, what's next? They said they wouldn't get the cops involved but is that definite?

That is so bizarre. The reason I mention this -- is when we file a Internal Theft Report, the Team Members information gets automatically added into something called TRE (The Retail Equation) which maintains a database. They also hold onto information of shoplifters we've apprehended and the Personal Information from those theft reports. The companies that are apart of this database are numerous, including Wal-Mart, and basically every retail chian you could think of.

I know this was still happening around 2018 -- but things may have changed? I can't imagine Target though ending the partnership. I do know, we had a employment application back in 2011 -- where the woman had been fired for stealing from Jcpenney. It came back from the screening, and needless to say -- she wasn't hired.

I'm honestly shocked though. When did your roommate get hired?
I know that because of something first offender related it ended up being expunged from his record after x amount of time, so it wouldn't have came up on any background search when he became AP, but it definitely would have been present when he was hired originally at Walmart.

So I guess your store has already term'ed you.
FYI - You are more than likely marked as non-hireable. So your chances with getting back on with Target is zero. You may also receive a No Trespassing letter from Target. You will probably be be forbidden from entering the store or any store for 90 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back