Archived First day in soft lines and it was hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was supposed to orientation but I was pulled early and put on the floor. My trainer basically said to straighten things and go get things and otherwise would disappear. I had to go in the back to get boxes down that were stacked high and VERY precariously,and they were really heavy - and carry them down balanced on a ladder. It was much harder than I ever thought. I can't imagine this being every day,and I am really afraid of falling or getting hurt. Did I just have a shit trainer who should have helped/showed me how to do this or is it the norm? I have no idea what I'm doing and got no guidance.

Shit trainer. You ought to have at least one tm to shadow. But I think starting when 4Q is in full swing makes for less training and more "sink or swim" mindset. Make sure you, let your TL or ETL know if it keeps happening. You deserve the chance to learn right the first (or at least second) time. You'll be a better tm for it.

Crap trainer indeed. Hell Im not even sure what I shoukd be doing but leaving your trainee for sny reason besides break and back up is not ok. I normally ssddle mine with another tm if i need tk leave for break or lunch. If it happens on your next training day tsll to your etl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back