Archived First presentation/overnight shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time in here, and tonight is also my first overnight shift... and I'm doing my first presentation shift.. popping all kinds of cherries today! Haha.. any tips on signing and all that good stuff?

Welcome to The Break Room!

CharlieWork, dek067, signing ninjas, et al - we need some help here.

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Plano can be one of the more challenging positions but also one of the more interesting.
You will know the store better than most departments and have touched more merchandise excepts for flow.
Good luck and check out the plano thread.

I'm assuming you're at your store at this hour. All I would recommend is getting plenty of sleep and maybe a nap before your shift. Bring music, probably not for this overnight
since you're going to be training. Coffee and energy drinks help too.

As for presentation tips, make sure you look at the planogram before you start setting. Make sure you have all the necessary fixtures, backer paper, tools, labels, and signs. This will save you trips to the fixture room and a great deal of time. When you're training make sure you follow along with your trainer and ask questions.

Before you demerchandise an aisle make sure the pog isn't carry forward! Don't throw away any signs that are carry forward, if you don't know then don't throw them away.
Beware of papercuts from back paper, seriously.

I'm assuming you're at your store at this hour. All I would recommend is getting plenty of sleep and maybe a nap before your shift. Bring music, probably not for this overnight
since you're going to be training. Coffee and energy drinks help too.

As for presentation tips, make sure you look at the planogram before you start setting. Make sure you have all the necessary fixtures, backer paper, tools, labels, and signs. This will save you trips to the fixture room and a great deal of time. When you're training make sure you follow along with your trainer and ask questions.

Before you demerchandise an aisle make sure the pog isn't carry forward! Don't throw away any signs that are carry forward, if you don't know then don't throw them away.
Beware of papercuts from back paper, seriously.

To add on to the papercuts deal, buy a bottle of liquid bandage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back