Archived First shift tomorrow. Hardlines!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glo

I just did orientation today and have a closing shift tomorrow night. I didn't really get any real direction on what to do when I get in. I'm assuming I clock in, grab a walkie and PDA and call for my trainer?

Anyway, I don't really have any past retail experience, but Target seems like a great place. All the people I've interacted with seemed really happy with their jobs. Everyone's been extremely friendly too! I'm pretty excited.

Welcome to Target and The Break Room! When you go in, punch in before you do anything else. Grab a walkie and PDA* (if any are available) and call for the hardlines team lead or LOD. They'll advise you on what you will be doing, who will be training you, etc. Or if someone is in the TSC such as a TL, LOD, or HR, they can help you too.

*In many stores, sales floor TMs train at the register on their first day, so you may not need equipment just yet.

One thing to remember: there are no stupid questions. If you need help with anything, don't be afraid to ask. Your TLs, ETL, HR, and other team members will be happy to help. And don't forget about us. We have experts in every workcenter who can answer any questions you may have. But we are an anonymous community, so try to keep your membership on the downlow.

Thanks for the help guys! Training went pretty well. We didn't train for register yet. I'm pretty sure it was because the store had a lot of reshopping to do, so I did that and Zoning. Not hard, and I like the fact that you're constantly moving, but damn do my feet hurt!

Between straightening and being a cashier, that's pretty much it. Don't expect too much, this isn't a brain-buster of a job...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back