Archived First time working sales floor. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. So I was hired on about a month ago for the electronics position and I really enjoy it.

But I've been scheduled to do sales floor for one day next week for the first time and I've only had about 4 hours of sales floor training and the rest have been in electronics so I have no idea where to go, or what to do when I show up that day. Do I just go to the backroom and pick a CAF to push or what? I'm so lost.

Can anyone give me any advice or guidance here? Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

BTW, I also didn't get a learning plan that I've read some people got on here.

What you're doing really depends on what part of the day you're working. If you're closing, you will most likely be zoning and (if time allows) doing re-shop. If you're opening or working a mid-shift, you might be working on one project or another assigned by a TL or ETL. When you start your shift, check in with your TL or LOD so you know what you're going to work on and when to take your break(s). And no matter when you're working, you will be helping guests. Don't forget to ask CIHYFS and Vibe it up!

If you're already comfortable in electronics, sales floor will be a breeze. I'm guessing you're already well versed in store/aisle navigation, so that will carry over very easily into any hardlines sales floor work. Good luck if it's softlines though :)

Mrknownothing pretty much broke down the two likely shift possibilities for you.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Another stupid question here, but where can I find my TL or LOD? Or do I just call for them over walkie and meet up with them?

You can always say, "LOD ____, what's your location?" Over the walkie then find out from there. But whether you check in with an LOD or TL depends on your store. My store is small enough that we check in with the LOD when we get on the floor.

You can always say, "LOD ____, what's your location?" Over the walkie then find out from there. But whether you check in with an LOD or TL depends on your store. My store is small enough that we check in with the LOD when we get on the floor.

Sometimes you are really asking for the LOD but in reality you think "loser on duty" if it's an etl/tl you dont like, lol.

It also depends on whether or not a TL is scheduled. If I'm scheduled in Hardlines, I ask for a Hardlines TL on the walkie. If there isn't one, then the LOD answers.

If no TL is scheduled in your workcenter, then you report to the LOD.

Never ask an LOD to come to you unless it is for guest assistance. Just ask where they are, and then tell them you will meet them there. They may tell you to meet them in the middle or a completely different place. Whatever the case, roll with it.

Never ask an LOD to come to you unless it is for guest assistance. Just ask where they are, and then tell them you will meet them there. They may tell you to meet them in the middle or a completely different place. Whatever the case, roll with it.

This. If no guest is involved, either meet them where they are or go to another channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back