Archived Fixture Room : Fencing

Status
Not open for further replies.
We hang it off the brackets you would use for frames and the pegs are just a two prong that is just a loop on the end but horizontal. Like two pegs side by side. Sorry I am not good with the names of a lot of the fixtures, but we hang them on 8ft section of peg board under the check lane shelves since we have the fewest of those on the wall of shelves. It seems to work well. We keep the extra fencing like for Xmas candy sets up on a pallet cause we have steel space in our fixture room.

I wish I had seen this before I left work. I would have taken pictures. I will shoot a couple pics tomorrow.

:confused:No they have never been pulled .. but if someone needs a fixture you can type in the number and it will tell you where it should be... fixtures aren't always put away in the correct spot...only in a perfect world.

I know this is a tad old, but did you ever find a solution to your c bars?
Sadly, never found a permanent solution. I've since moved on and have no interest in dealing with the fixture room anymore. I was too stressed out by it.

I have a regular area for Fencing as well as a Bulk Storage area for when we need a ton of it (all of it is in my fixture room).

That said, nothing pisses me off more than Metal Fencing.

Ours is on the back peg walk on the wavy pegs used for lawn chairs. Can't recall who gave me the idea...we had them on the frames loops but they constantly fell.

Wondering if anyone has a successful solution to managing their fencing. The vertical hanging works better than horizontal. But it needs to be better yet. I'm thinking shelving, up slanted to keep fencing low and maybe easier to organize. But it's also easier to just say fuck it and throw everything on one shelve.

So, how do you do it?

This is my fixture room now.

View attachment 1264

Yeah that's what we've got going on.

Thanks ...Most of the time it looks pretty good. We have a huge room. Our fixtures are also located. Just like the back room .

why would you locate them, don't people just take what they need when they need it?

I wish we had a bigger fixture room. Ours also has the signing steel in it because we lost one of our trailers that we stored the giant infant items in

why would you locate them, don't people just take what they need when they need it?
Quantity shouldn't matter. As long as the locations are organized and make sense, it should serve as a map to let anyone easily figure out where to get what they need and where to put it away.

Quantity shouldn't matter. As long as the locations are organized and make sense, it should serve as a map to let anyone easily figure out where to get what they need and where to put it away.
OMG!!! This!!! But I would think this would take an inordinate amount of time or have to be set up from the get go..... I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do this. But I don't think it is going to happen. EVER! Lol:p
Ours is on the back peg walk on the wavy pegs used for lawn chairs. Can't recall who gave me the idea...we had them on the frames loops but they constantly fell.
yup!
the pegs are just a two prong that is just a loop on the end but horizontal. Sorry I am not good with the names of a lot of the fixtures. We keep the extra fencing like for Xmas candy sets up on a pallet cause we have steel space in our fixture room.

I wish I had seen this before I left work. I would have taken pictures.
Im pretty sure those are heavy duty looped peg hooks. Pronged or unpronged. The lawn and garden ones are just a tad better but only because they prevent sliding. But they are 'wobbly'. I have NEVER thought to paletize that stuff.... Hmmmmmm. Problem may be solved!!! Thanks for the ideas guys!!

Anyone still looking for the sticker bin numbers? I am a winner :D

OMG!!! This!!! But I would think this would take an inordinate amount of time or have to be set up from the get go..... I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do this. But I don't think it is going to happen. EVER! Lol:p
Yeah they don't actually do it either at my store because they'd need to first make the fixture room less of a death trap before even thinking about organizing stuff.

Our fixture room is so tiny... We also have pallets up top which I think makes it worse. Not only are we a space constricted back room, our fixture room is ridiculous. I just wanna throw everything out and start over.

image.jpeg
Our fixture room is so tiny... We also have pallets up top which I think makes it worse. Not only are we a space constricted back room, our fixture room is ridiculous. I just wanna throw everything out and start over.
I am in the same boat. The fixture room I took over was horrible when I first reported. I was hesitant to throw stuff away until I organized it and cycled through all the sets at least once since as we all know it's difficult to gauge when fixtures you order will come in in addition to finding enough time to go back to the pog that needed the missing fixtures. I wish now I would have just thrown the Bulk of the fixture room crap away when I had trash containers outside. I always look back at these first day pics of my fixture room and think never again or why did I transfer lol image.jpeg

View attachment 2241
I am in the same boat. The fixture room I took over was horrible when I first reported. I was hesitant to throw stuff away until I organized it and cycled through all the sets at least once since as we all know it's difficult to gauge when fixtures you order will come in in addition to finding enough time to go back to the pog that needed the missing fixtures. I wish now I would have just thrown the Bulk of the fixture room crap away when I had trash containers outside. I always look back at these first day pics of my fixture room and think never again or why did I transfer lol View attachment 2242

People need to have their asses kicked at the highest levels for that death trap.
Just the leaning shelves by themselves is against every kind of standard of safety and common sense.
The shopping carts aren't supposed to be there, no way no how.
And how the hell does anybody use the signing computer?

I don't blame you for not wanting to throw things away but do it.
You might kick yourself for tossing something out down the road and having to order it but getting that mess organized is more important.

Talk to you PTL, shame them into getting some help.
That just ain't right.

My fixture room is like OPs, but no horizontal stuff. We have 2 levels, everything is supported by magna bars and long squiggly hooks. When organized it actually holds everything well, but you gotta make sure you push everything back when putting stuff away. Unfortunatly our fixture room is piss-little and half of our fixtures are sitting in the old garden center. Its a mess and our leadership wants to expend as little time as possible on it.

I am in the same boat. The fixture room I took over was horrible when I first reported. I was hesitant to throw stuff away until I organized it and cycled through all the sets at least once since as we all know it's difficult to gauge when fixtures you order will come in in addition to finding enough time to go back to the pog that needed the missing fixtures. I wish now I would have just thrown the Bulk of the fixture room crap away when I had trash containers outside. I always look back at these first day pics of my fixture room and think never again or why did I transfer lol View attachment 2242

That would have gotten someone canned had our DTL seen that. So many safety violations. We lack space, but at the minimum we are given time to put up shelves when ever needed, and about every 2 weeks someone will be tasked with cleaning out any carts of detrash that needs to be done left by other areas, so at least the walk way is clear. There is no excuse for that mess, really.

People need to have their asses kicked at the highest levels for that death trap.
Just the leaning shelves by themselves is against every kind of standard of safety and common sense.
The shopping carts aren't supposed to be there, no way no how.
And how the hell does anybody use the signing computer?

I don't blame you for not wanting to throw things away but do it.
You might kick yourself for tossing something out down the road and having to order it but getting that mess organized is more important.

Talk to you PTL, shame them into getting some help.
That just ain't right.
This was my first day as PTL in my current store when I reported about 15 months ago. I have since cleaned it up and thrown away so much hoarding but still a never ending project to get it as organized as my previous store. But this is what I always look back at now to remind myself how much progress I have made from what I took over.

That would have gotten someone canned had our DTL seen that. So many safety violations. We lack space, but at the minimum we are given time to put up shelves when ever needed, and about every 2 weeks someone will be tasked with cleaning out any carts of detrash that needs to be done left by other areas, so at least the walk way is clear. There is no excuse for that mess, really.
Our fixture room loomed like that (with just enough space to get to the signing computer) all 4th quarter. Dtl and gtl never looked in or said a word til bounceback.

View attachment 2241

This is only slightly worse than how mine looked during our E&E remodel. No shelves on the ground tho, that is a huge no no for me. I think everyone understood however, as we were given VERY little space, and our trailer was literally about 150 yards away from the store, and you had to be let out/let back in everytime u needed something.

View attachment 2241
Wow and I thought ours was bad...but at least our POG team leaves most of their crap in carts instead of on the floor.

One thing we did, is put the 18 inch shelves in the steel. That solved most issues. The 3 foot shelves stay inthe fixture room neatly stack on the wall.

One thing we did, is put the 18 inch shelves in the steel. That solved most issues. The 3 foot shelves stay inthe fixture room neatly stack on the wall.
I've got three pallets of 4ftx18 in steel. The rest are in my fixture room, including all the extra softlines shelves.

We had fixtures in the steel like 5 years ago... but when the garden center closed down and it became a resource for space, we were soon kicked out of the steel due to needed space by the backroom. I think we lost our last fixture pallet up there last black friday. Its funny as hell, leadership wants to clear up the garden center (after all, fixture get dirty out there and no one cleans up when they dump stuff), but we have no steel space, and our fixture room wall is %98 3 foot shelves with scattered specialty 4 foots (ie 14". or cutouts for support beams). most of our 18/4 foots are on pallets now in the garden center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back