Archived Flow 7:30am process idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I work at a ULV where trucks starts at 7:30am and they want you to stagger TM at 8am. I was thinking start bringing in team members at 7:45am to start the pushing process whether it be pushing casepacks or starting repack process, then bring in the rest of my team at 8..We would still be unloading but bringing in team members at 7:45 would give us a bigger headstart especially during Q4 and i would like to use this idea after the holidays. What do you guys think?

Okay so I work at a ULV where trucks starts at 7:30am and they want you to stagger TM at 8am. I was thinking start bringing in team members at 7:45am to start the pushing process whether it be pushing casepacks or starting repack process, then bring in the rest of my team at 8..We would still be unloading but bringing in team members at 7:45 would give us a bigger headstart especially during Q4 and i would like to use this idea after the holidays. What do you guys think?

For the most part we have all our line people in at 7:30, as well as anyone setting up areas for sorting, and the rest at 8:00. This lets you finishing prepping the line, if necessary, as well as any areas on the floor that need to be set-up during the unload. Softlines, HBA, and the trash cages as examples. TBH though, that 15 minutes will make no difference to your head start. I'd suggest either bringing in more people at the 7:30 or just leave things as is, especially in Q4.

Our receiver, flow team TL, and backroom team come in at 7:00am and prep the line and horsehoes. Our 7:30 team clocks in at 7:25 and is ready to push at 7:30.

Everyone else comes in at 8:00... Product has started to be bowled out in pantry/HBA so they get right to work. If unload is taking longer than appeciated, one or two from snacks will help push remaining truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back