Archived FLow Information Needed Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have been working on flow team for 2 weeks now and have gotten a good handle on the basics I have learned so far. But I have much to learn. To help supplement some training and to become acquainted faster, i would really appreciate any and all information regarding flow that anyone can offer me. If you do offer information, please treat my request as if I know nothing of any Target lingo and have not worked Flow before in any regard to best make sure nothing is missed. thank you.

I loooove flow! Our store receives trucks in the early morning so I have the rest of the day to do whatever I need to once my shift is over and I like to think of it like I'm kinda getting paid to work out :p

One thing to notice when stocking a location is the asterisk ( * ) next to the price on the location label on the boxes. Those asterisks let you know whether there is a dual location for that product. So if you have too much product left over, you know they must go somewhere else in the store. Could go above or below the same area, on end caps, side caps or mini seasonal. Oh! GRAY DOTS! haha. Don't forget to remove those gray round stickers when you stock an empty location. mmm.... I would also recommend waiting to work repacks until you're well acquainted with the store (unless you're Team Lead says otherwise). When cutting those stupid laundry detergent boxes, cut them from the bottom across, one corner of the box to the other. this will help break them down faster. Uhhh.... That's all I can think of for now....

Don't be afraid to ask questions. Good luck and welcome to Team Logistics! :excited:

Push to the piece!

My biggest piece of advice is to push to the piece!

Pick up your plastic and the little silicon tablets, in general clean up after yourself.

Sidenote: One of the big compaints abbout flow is when food is brought in they act like locusts.
Don't bundle up a dozen donuts and put them in your locker.
Take one or two and let the other teams get one.

This is all wonderful advice, thank you all. And it also goes to show that my trainers are teaching me everything I need to know, YAY! And I don't partake in the free food since I am new and feel the opposite of entailed to any of it, but thank you for the tip.

I also found 6 mispicks today, I overheard something about it, but why do you need to provide your name with the box scan code to your ETL or TL?

remember to keep it 30 seconds a box when your stocking the shelves. one thing that i do occasionally (usually in HBA) i open up all the boxes on the aisle before stocking the shelves, so that way you dont have to keep reaching for the blade, and u pritty much just stock from open boxes, its alot easier that way, but you can easily mistake push for back stock, so when you do it push the backstock toward the end of the aisle toward the racetrack, and pick up your cardboard and throw it in the cages. and also have common courtesy and work at a steady pace

Opening the boxes before you stock seems like a really cool idea! I'm going to try that one on friday! :D

My team lead showed me that a few days back and I have used it since and it works great!

And then bring the open case for backstock so we have to tape it!

I'm kidding. I don't tape boxes!

I haven't read all the responses, but the guides provided above to have some useful information.

Flow is one of the many departments I'm trained in. Half our crew comes in at 4am for unload, rest arrive at 4:30. Some get started on bowling out the heavy areas yada yada. To help with speed (coming from an HBA standpoint but I'm sure can be use elsewhere) simply leave your boxes and back stock at the front of the aisles once complete. If its a big enough mess, then yes dump some if not all. Save the carts for last until every aisle full of boxes are complete. By doing this not only do you get to the carts faster, but it helps with the slow team members to speed up the process. Let them slack off on a cart as apposed to the boxes..

When in aisles doing carts keep one cart for trash and throw back stock on bottom of cart if a three tier is not close by.

Pick up your plastic and the little silicon tablets, in general clean up after yourself.

Sidenote: One of the big compaints abbout flow is when food is brought in they act like locusts.
Don't bundle up a dozen donuts and put them in your locker.
Take one or two and let the other teams get one.

FFF = Feed Flow First

I haven't read all the responses, but the guides provided above to have some useful information.

Flow is one of the many departments I'm trained in. Half our crew comes in at 4am for unload, rest arrive at 4:30. Some get started on bowling out the heavy areas yada yada. To help with speed (coming from an HBA standpoint but I'm sure can be use elsewhere) simply leave your boxes and back stock at the front of the aisles once complete. If its a big enough mess, then yes dump some if not all. Save the carts for last until every aisle full of boxes are complete. By doing this not only do you get to the carts faster, but it helps with the slow team members to speed up the process. Let them slack off on a cart as apposed to the boxes..

When in aisles doing carts keep one cart for trash and throw back stock on bottom of cart if a three tier is not close by.

My store we do it simlar to that but all carts in all areas are done majority last

The wave starts with:
4am
A&B 1 Bowler 1 carts (sorting) 15pushers
G 1 Bowler (BR does all G autofills)
C&D 1 Bowlers 1 carts (sorting) autofills are bowled out & or sorted with the cart person
E&F 1 Bowler 1 pusher after truck

Electronics 1 person til the truck is done then 2nd person

Softlines:
1-2 on hangwear
1 shoes & helps hangwear
1-2 on tablewear
1 pushing pallets & gondolas

The wave gets into G on avg bout 545
Then C&D by 7
By the time 7 rolls around everything isle wise in toys and in F not including stuff in carts or tubs or flats is all pushed

Then the team as a whole minus the cart person in a&b & until softlines is done goes from f & works backwords with all remaining autofills

1 of the biggest things I've noticed in my store and all teams are stressed this if pushing a box and 1 can only fit out don't open it

Also we have c d & g bowled to its location in my opnion it be a big time help if we could do it for a & b also but I doubt it will happen

remember to keep it 30 seconds a box when your stocking the shelves. one thing that i do occasionally (usually in HBA) i open up all the boxes on the aisle before stocking the shelves, so that way you dont have to keep reaching for the blade, and u pritty much just stock from open boxes, its alot easier that way, but you can easily mistake push for back stock, so when you do it push the backstock toward the end of the aisle toward the racetrack, and pick up your cardboard and throw it in the cages. and also have common courtesy and work at a steady pace

I like the idea of opening the boxes before stocking. Although we don't bowl out HBA, I think I may have to try this in our dry market area. Although I can get through an aisle pretty quick, I'll have to see if this can speed me up even more!!

Man, I guess our store does it waayyyyyyyyyy differently! We are a regular Target and overnight (11pm) . Everyone stays seperated.

once truck is unloaded: (typical size is 2400 pieces)

practically one person bowling out each area, myself in G, I recently actually got a trainee so I have two in G now. Then everyone kinda has their own area...after pulls, BACKROOM comes out and does toys, and sometimes sporting goods and seasonal. softlines usually pushes into babies when theyre finished. G usually takes me all night. At the end, everyone meets up in seasonal or comes to help me finish G block

no one adheres to the 30 seconds per box...that's kinda silly. You will get frustrated at times. But typically flow is a good team to be on. You will pick up slack for daytime on occasion (abandons, etc), or do projects you don't wanna do. But that's what happens when you make more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back