Archived Flow Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually we don't run A/C overnight (we do keep the heat ON big time though, but even stores that close do that as well). Also, 2 ETLs is optional, some overnight stores have their replenishment position fulfilled by a senior team lead instead of another ETL. In terms of cost, yes its true most overnight stores have more staff, more people, but its only for the purpose of processing more stock. While most 4am store have 3-4 trailers a week, we take 6-7 trailers a week, and each trailer is FULL (1950+20 pipos, to 3200 with no pipos). Honestly, if we had to do this during the day, while the store is open, we would have to fill the entire backroom with flatbeds, the line, each aisle of receiving, and probably the FIRE TUNNEL, and it would take twice as much in flow labor.

Where the O/N process rack up cost actually isn't on the overnight shift itself, but on things that bleed into dayside labor. for instance, our backroom closer every night has to prep the backroom and receiving to unload the trailer and pull the autofills, a process which is ignored every other night at 4am stores. Also on the morning shift we have to allocate extra labor... with no flow TMs around we have to schedule at least 10 people each morning to make sure we have backup cashiers and at least 1 person on the salesfloor to help guests. We wouldn't need any of them if the flow team was there when the store was open.

So in terms of the "Vibe" affecting your team, believe you me, that is the intention. The whole point of having a 4am or 6am store is so that you don't have to staff the store while the flow team is there.

Lol my store is 4am and no one on the flow team is even cashier trained. Let alone helping guests. I wish we were overnight so they were out of the way when we opened.

We area 4am store and EVERYONE is required to be cashier trained in their first shift no matter what area you work in......

Hungry young men vs old ladies! Some "hungry young men" love to party at night and their attendance is being coached. I have a 50 year old lady that can mop up the floor with any person on my team including throwing the truck. There is no gender or age perfect flow team member. Its all about attitude and work ethic. I will take someone who is competitive and wants to beat any goal you put in front of them. I will take someone who plans ahead for bad weather and makes it to work on time. I will take someone whose 5th grandmother didn't die last week. I will take someone who can chat and work at the same time instead of the minute their mouth opens their arms become nonfunctioning. I will take someone who has pride in how they present themselves, clean clothes, appropriate language and willing to work in whatever area needs it without whining like a 3 year old. So it doesn't matter whether they are male or female, young or old. I want someone who will perform their job at a high level knowing how important the flow process is to the store.

Hungry young men vs old ladies! Some "hungry young men" love to party at night and their attendance is being coached. I have a 50 year old lady that can mop up the floor with any person on my team including throwing the truck. There is no gender or age perfect flow team member. Its all about attitude and work ethic. I will take someone who is competitive and wants to beat any goal you put in front of them. I will take someone who plans ahead for bad weather and makes it to work on time. I will take someone whose 5th grandmother didn't die last week. I will take someone who can chat and work at the same time instead of the minute their mouth opens their arms become nonfunctioning. I will take someone who has pride in how they present themselves, clean clothes, appropriate language and willing to work in whatever area needs it without whining like a 3 year old. So it doesn't matter whether they are male or female, young or old. I want someone who will perform their job at a high level knowing how important the flow process is to the store.

This! When I was overnight during the holidays, I had to work with the flow team several times. Our team is very diverse w.r.t. gender, age, etc., and they're all very hard workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back