Archived Flying Solo in Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJH212

Electronics TM
Sunday will be my first time flying solo in Electronics from 430pm-close. I think I have the grasp of things, what needs to get done and such. My training was a bit hectic due to multiple people being out sick.
The breakdown sheet I've been given is: Guests, Reshop/Zone for Electronics and Toys, Reshop/Zone Seasonal.
Any advice for closing or for those hours would be appreciated!
AJ

Damn... you get toys and seasonal? That must be rough. Are you a low volume store? Because that would never work in stores like mine, if you even leave the carpet you'd hear 'Fast service needed in electronics'... but just try and manage your time well. Zone and do stray in electronics while it's still a little busier, then once it does down go across to toys, and when it's really dead go down to seasonal. Don't focus on like super zoning every aisle, you just won't have time to do that with three huge sections. Just make sure you're pulling most items forward and grabbing anything that is obviously out of place. No need to scan everything to see if it's in the right place or anything. Costumes are gonna be tricky. If it's getting late and you feel like you need help, just ask LOD. 'Hey LOD, this is AJH, toys was hit really hard tonight and I'm gonna need some help finishing seasonal in time'.

High volume store. Seasonal gets tossed at us during the evening when there are fewer TM's working. The aisles that get hit the hardest are usually by the lego section. One TM said to focus on all the expensive stuff first and go down from there.
Thanks for the advice!

Do not hit your 5th...make sure you know who is covering your breaks...I always grab a grid (schedule of who is working where) from the HR office.

It won't be too bad. Just Reshop and Zone as you go.

Most Important: Be in a ear shot of the boat for button calls.
Elec/MMB: Reshop then zoning should be quick.
Toys: Just do your best in reshop and zone.
Seasonal - Just get the Halloween costumes off the floor and decks is the main thing for seasonal. Hopefully Christmas seasonal should not be your responsibility when rolled out.

Last edited:
Technically speacking, you are not suppose to do any toys zoning. Please do it to help sales & the team. Do reasearch on hot toy items, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back