Archived FMLA question(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I just recently moved because of Hurricane Michael and transferred stores as well. I'm also due to have my second baby in March. When I was pregnant with my first I hadn't worked at Target but for only 3 months and they just gave me the time off that I needed. This pregnancy I qualify for FMLA. How does it work and if I'm reading right will I get the short term disability pay as well if so how much would it be? I've been with Target for a year and several months.

So, I just recently moved because of Hurricane Michael and transferred stores as well. I'm also due to have my second baby in March. When I was pregnant with my first I hadn't worked at Target but for only 3 months and they just gave me the time off that I needed. This pregnancy I qualify for FMLA. How does it work and if I'm reading right will I get the short term disability pay as well if so how much would it be? I've been with Target for a year and several months.
Go to Targetpayandbenefits.com. you put in your request there and they will tell you what you are eligible for as far as how long you can stay out of work with and without pay. They also have a number if you want to call first. It's a third party that handles this stuff for Target. I just got 8 weeks of short term disability @ 100% of my pay, and then two weeks of bonding at 100% as well. I took an additional 6 weeks off without pay, which is the maximum for them to keep a slot for you anywhere in the store with your same pay.

Also you need to set everything up now. I did mine in July even though I wasn't due until October. Baby came in September.

Also, let your hr know.
Leave of absence contact info:

What to do/Contacts
The first step in the leave process is for the team member to contact their HR partner or leader. Team members may be asked to call the Target Leave and Disability team directly at 800-828-5850, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT.
The Target Leave and Disability team handles most leave and disability administration processes for team members.
The fax number is 847-554-1660. Please include your claim number (if known) or team member ID number on your fax.

My medical leave is over next week and I know that I have been scheduled for the following week. Is there any way to check my schedule online? I am not being allowed access and assume it is because I am on leave. I really don't want to bother HR with this type of question on the phone... kind of frowned upon to have them check your schedule for you, but driving is difficult right now.

My medical leave is over next week and I know that I have been scheduled for the following week. Is there any way to check my schedule online? I am not being allowed access and assume it is because I am on leave. I really don't want to bother HR with this type of question on the phone... kind of frowned upon to have them check your schedule for you, but driving is difficult right now.
Nope, you won’t be able to check. It is supposed to be your first day back that you have access but it took me about 2 weeks of being back before I could log in to anything.

Go to Targetpayandbenefits.com. you put in your request there and they will tell you what you are eligible for as far as how long you can stay out of work with and without pay. They also have a number if you want to call first. It's a third party that handles this stuff for Target. I just got 8 weeks of short term disability @ 100% of my pay, and then two weeks of bonding at 100% as well. I took an additional 6 weeks off without pay, which is the maximum for them to keep a slot for you anywhere in the store with your same pay.
So I just recently got the call about me being on the parental bonding with 100% pay. How do you figure out how much that check will be? I need to know because rent is coming up due.

So I just recently got the call about me being on the parental bonding with 100% pay. How do you figure out how much that check will be? I need to know because rent is coming up due.
It’s based on whatever your average hours are x your hourly rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back