Archived Food audit/assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

whippingboy

Produce Peon
What does this mean? I've heard that ETL's from other stores do the assessments based on some printout.. making sure our cleaning logs are signed, we're following TPC rules, everyone knows how to clean drains, etc. but how bad is it? I can imagine ETL's being much harder on other stores than their own, to prove a point... but I also imagine that most of them don't have much experience with the food side, so we might be able to teach them a few things (one can dream). Anyone have insight on this?

LOL @ cleaning the drains. Spot is the only place I've ever seen who worried about that.

Surely, some terrible drain accident must have occurred in the past...

You ever see how much mold & mildew can grow in a floor drain?
I have & it ain't pretty. The smell is even worse.
When Steritech comes thru, things they check include the cleaning logs & time/temp logs.

You ever see how much mold & mildew can grow in a floor drain?
I have & it ain't pretty. The smell is even worse.
When Steritech comes thru, things they check include the cleaning logs & time/temp logs.

Last winter (of 2014), we had this weird smell coming from milk section (vendor milk section). We cleaned all the shelves and there still was this horrible smell. It turns out, since we didnt regularly cleaned those drains and grate area, that the drains became clogged with milk. Plus there was all this pink crap in the silver grate area near the drains. We had to call a plumber in to clean those drains.

But this past weekend, I actually cleaned the drains, drain catcher and silver grate area for five 4 foot sections from meat to Jack Daniels/mash potato section. A lot of old signs were in the grate area along with a bunch of brown crap that I scrubbed away. The 2 drain catchers themselves looked like they have never been cleaned. Gawd it was nasty. I also found 2 box cutters that were rusted believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back