Archived Food Ave. Team Members, do you get free sodas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much of the year is hotter than Hades in these parts so they'll req Gatorade for the CAs, especially summer.
Backroom, CAFs are rigorous but not like being out in the sun.
When we didn't have a CA one day, they called BR out for a cart party & each one got a free drink from SB.

I don't allow it but I also can't always be up front and I know a lot of tms take advantage of that and just grab a "water cup" if I'm busy or while people are covering my breaks. I'm trying to figure out a system to lessen this. A lot of people, especially seasonal tms seem to think they're entitled to whatever they want. And slightly off topic but a lot of my tms have been telling me recently that they qmos stuff and eat it. Like...why would you tell me that? Bleh.

EVERYONE at my store "steals" soda from the fountain machine. Heck, I do it. Even the ETLs do it with the water cups. In college, I worked at a place that had this and saw the cost of bib soda ($7) they make a killing on soda.

EVERYONE at my store "steals" soda from the fountain machine. Heck, I do it. Even the ETLs do it with the water cups. In college, I worked at a place that had this and saw the cost of bib soda ($7) they make a killing on soda.

It's kinda funny there's so much hubbub about stealing sugary drinks, they're so fucking bad for you (yes, I drink them, a lot..).

It's kinda funny there's so much hubbub about stealing sugary drinks, they're so fucking bad for you (yes, I drink them, a lot..).

I seriously never realized this was an issue. The fountain dispenser at our store is around a corner (not viewable from the register) and there are no dome cameras. Covert? No idea

I don't allow it but I also can't always be up front and I know a lot of tms take advantage of that and just grab a "water cup" if I'm busy or while people are covering my breaks. I'm trying to figure out a system to lessen this. A lot of people, especially seasonal tms seem to think they're entitled to whatever they want. And slightly off topic but a lot of my tms have been telling me recently that they qmos stuff and eat it. Like...why would you tell me that? Bleh.
But if stuff is one day out of date then it'd be okay to eat. Free lunch!

Lol that's terrible. Why soda? And I believe you are thinking of CAF pullers for the most physically demanding job.

I didn't just give soda, they could drink anything from the fountain.

Also, a cart attend on a busy day isn't using the machine, you won't keep up. It's constant physical labor, in the heat or the rain or the snow, or a busy parking lot.

When the carts are full, you're doing carryouts, cleaning restrooms, ringing, filling bags, etc.

Add on top of that the fact that most people view it as the lowest job available, and you can see why I let them have aNY drinks they wanted.

I was a log Sr for a long time, nothing about caf pulling is demanding. Nothing about flow is demanding save maybe the unload, but if you're doing it right that's paced. The workload is also broken out over a team for flow and backroom.

I was a log Sr for a long time, nothing about caf pulling is demanding. Nothing about flow is demanding save maybe the unload, but if you're doing it right that's paced.

CAF pulling for 7-8 hours is demanding, not like being a cart attendant, but it is. And backstocking, pushing your own CAFs, making bails and setting the line, dayside BR is demanding.

Ehh I started as a cart attendant. I've done a few different jobs for Target. I still say CAFs are the most tiring. Up and down ladders while carrying product all day. Carts were only bad during the summer, and my store let us take as many breaks as we wanted

I always gave my cart attendants free soda. As much as they want. If they're doing it right it's the most physically demanding job in the store.
It's up there but I'd say it's still backroom and flow.

Mainly because you're timed on everything so you need to hustle. On a slow day, carts don't need to be brought in as fast or often. On the other hand, Backrooms load stays the same from Unloading trucks and making bales to backing stocking up ladders and the coolers.

We all should get a free Gatorade lol

CAF pulling for 7-8 hours is demanding, not like being a cart attendant, but it is. And backstocking, pushing your own CAFs, making bails and setting the line, dayside BR is demanding.

Doing it by yourself is demanding, because your etl or tl isn't scheduling correctly. By that logic every job is demanding.

My pre-current store leadership *did* schedule correctly. We came clean on all tasks 90+ percent of the time pre-2015 (far cry from now), but it was still demanding, so that is absolutely false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back