Archived Food Ave TL district interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interviewing for Food Ave TL. I have been working as a food ave tm for almost 3 yrs. I have in the past work for a few companies as a restaurant manager. As I am reading some of the forums I have noticed that many tms had mock interviews with ETLs & LODs. I had none. Also no one wants food ave anyway. Should I be worried that no one has done any mock interviews with me? What should I be ready for? In restaurant I know what to expect, but with Target I don't.

I am interviewing for Food Ave TL. I have been working as a food ave tm for almost 3 yrs. I have in the past work for a few companies as a restaurant manager. As I am reading some of the forums I have noticed that many tms had mock interviews with ETLs & LODs. I had none. Also no one wants food ave anyway. Should I be worried that no one has done any mock interviews with me? What should I be ready for? In restaurant I know what to expect, but with Target I don't.
If you have very pro active ETLs that are really pushing you to be a TL. They will try to get you in a mock interview sessions, they might not.

The interview will probably be 2-3 sessions. Each session will be conducted by a DTL staffer, store ETL or TL. They will ask you general questions. They will mostly not cover any experience of yours.
Name a time that you had to deal with a difficult guest. And how was it resolved.
Name a time that you had to deal with a difficult TM. And how was it resovled.
Name a time that you had to deal with a difficult task. And how was it completed.
Name a time that you failed a task and how did you handle it.
How would you resolve a conflict between two team members.

They want you to think quick, resolve/minimize conflicts, answering with Best Practice answers, and have an example. Keep the stammers and UMs and OKs to a minimum. Keep eye contact.

My interview is Friday July 19th. I am not worried about the questions. (I coach and judge speech & debate, extemp is my specialty) My current FATL is retiring after 27 yrs (she is like the yoda of food ave for the district) Its just my ETLs for the past 3 mths have been telling me about doing mock interviews and nothing yet. (I am proactive person, lets not just talk about, lets do it) My front end ETL is opposite of my schedule and I go on vacation Wednesday! I am just worried that my ETL's care in I get it or not.

Last edited:
They may not be too worried about mock interviews because you don't have a problem with extemporaneous speech. They've talked to you in the past I'm sure and they may have realized that you're good at presenting yourself in a smart, professional manner. That's pretty much what happened when I interviewed for TL. My HR told me the questions in the DTL interview guide and gave me a brief briefing on the things he does and doesn't like that interviewees do and don't do. No actual mock interviews for me. Two formal interviews with no prep at the store, and then about a week later I went for the DTL interview at district. The DTL interview ended up being the least nerve-racking. It was short and to the point. Not all DTLs are this way, but just remember that your ETLs wouldn't be sending you to the DTL if they didn't think you could pass. Take luck!

Thanks, I am going straight to DTL interview, no store interview at all. Thanks for all your blessings & luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back