Archived Food for the Overnight Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why we requisition it. Now for Black Friday/Christmas Eve stores should do better but whats good about MP is its cheap allowing us to get more food. If your team thinks they are too good for MP I am not surprised you all blew through your budget.
My family mostly buys MP because it's cheap.

Never expect there to be food for you even if they say there will be food. That always served me well because there were times when that happened.

OP is really considering calling the hotline because he/she isn't getting free meals for working overnight lol. Even had a talk with HR about it. Talk about entitled. I look at it this way, you give your dog a treat for being a good, little doggie. I'm no one's pet so I'll be damned if I get rewarded with food for doing a good or volunteering to do something. Quit your bitching OP and bring your own food.

Btw, as a TL, I don't mind buying food for my team as a sign of appreciation. It means more to them when it comes from me than from targets budget. The $30-$50 once or twice a month doesn't hurt my wallet and the team gets a good boost in morale. It's worth it IMO.

Our over night team got nothing. Someone screwed up the budget so bad last year we got sandwhiches on black Friday weekend. I mean MP bread, lunch meat and cheese for 2 days straight.

Your STL and HR need to limit the budget Jan trough Oct so there are funds for holiday season

I didnt really address it in my first post, but I just want to add one piece of advice regarding the "crappy food" your TL spent their own money on....

Never complain about free food. It doesn't matter who paid for it. Nobody is forcing you to eat it.

Oh the days of TM menu items . Frozen items that were to held at FA and breakroom. They were the most microwave unfriendly foods. Turned to rubber as soon as they warmed up.

Pizza
Burger
Fish sandwich
Chicken sandwich

They'll get us pizza or Chinese food on occasion, but there's always issues.
-They get the food well before break, so everything is cold
-Certain individuals of certain ethnic persuasions treat these nights as "Stock up the fridge!" nights and hoard all the best stuff during our first break.
-People don't wash their hands, and want to touch everything. When I brought this up, the managers treated me like a germaphobe.

My LOG and POG teams ruined it for themselves when a few guys decided to have an eating contest with the pizza last time. No more food for them...

That is not normal. Maybe it used to be normal at your store, but that is definitely not something I would expect. The ETL-Log promising you guys would get something and not delivering is pretty shitty, but after one day of no food, I would have brought a lunch.

Also, does your store not have self-checkouts? We would just open one if we had a team working overnight.
No self- checkouts. Thank goodness because they sound like a nightmare. But they would have been closed and the drawer removed at closing anyway.
Which is why we requisition it. Now for Black Friday/Christmas Eve stores should do better but whats good about MP is its cheap allowing us to get more food. If your team thinks they are too good for MP I am not surprised you all blew through your budget.
The regular store at large has no problems with mp, but our team has dietary restrictions as well as a better overall health plan. White bread isn't on the menu. Plus if they cared about saving they'd buy what is on sale instead of mp "because it's the cheapest" or two ltrs instead of one case of soda (multiple mandated pricing makes it twice as expensive per serving). I gave up trying to help them budget wisely years ago.

We blow through our budget because every etl meeting they get a fancy sandwich platter plus sbux. Every tl meeting they get sbux. It adds up quick compared to mp food for the team. And isn't value added for anyone but the people who could afford to buy it for themselves.
so.... you're too good to eat a sandwich for lunch and how it would blow your diet but you mention McDonald's and food ave...
I work with 20 somethings...the ones not eating healthy are going for convenience. They'd rather overpay for food Ave pasta than make a sandwich.
As a TL myself I find your comments rather ungrateful and bitchy.
If you are a good tl (presumably you are) then I'd likely forgive you any faults. Mine sucks ass. Daily. This is the cherry on the pile of shit she offers us daily.
OP is really considering calling the hotline because he/she isn't getting free meals for working overnight lol. Even had a talk with HR about it. Talk about entitled. I look at it this way, you give your dog a treat for being a good, little doggie. I'm no one's pet so I'll be damned if I get rewarded with food for doing a good or volunteering to do something. Quit your bitching OP and bring your own food.

Btw, as a TL, I don't mind buying food for my team as a sign of appreciation. It means more to them when it comes from me than from targets budget. The $30-$50 once or twice a month doesn't hurt my wallet and the team gets a good boost in morale. It's worth it IMO.
I didn't talk to hr about this incident. We talked general store budget. I did bring my own food as well as stuff to share with my team, because they are my team. And when nobody else does for us we do for each other.
I didnt really address it in my first post, but I just want to add one piece of advice regarding the "crappy food" your TL spent their own money on....

Never complain about free food. It doesn't matter who paid for it. Nobody is forcing you to eat it.
My biggest issue with her buying crappy food is that we are not eating it, which means it gets left for Flow who not only didn't earn it in this instance but is not grateful for it. She could be saving her money by just telling us not to expect food. She's a crappy tl, but a nice enough person she doesn't deserve to be feeding the flow team if she doesn't have to.

And by the end of the week giving us hurt looks when we east our own food instead of hers.

No self- checkouts. Thank goodness because they sound like a nightmare. But they would have been closed and the drawer removed at closing anyway.

The regular store at large has no problems with mp, but our team has dietary restrictions as well as a better overall health plan. White bread isn't on the menu. Plus if they cared about saving they'd buy what is on sale instead of mp "because it's the cheapest" or two ltrs instead of one case of soda (multiple mandated pricing makes it twice as expensive per serving). I gave up trying to help them budget wisely years ago.

We blow through our budget because every etl meeting they get a fancy sandwich platter plus sbux. Every tl meeting they get sbux. It adds up quick compared to mp food for the team. And isn't value added for anyone but the people who could afford to buy it for themselves.

I work with 20 somethings...the ones not eating healthy are going for convenience. They'd rather overpay for food Ave pasta than make a sandwich.

If you are a good tl (presumably you are) then I'd likely forgive you any faults. Mine sucks ass. Daily. This is the cherry on the pile of shit she offers us daily.

I didn't talk to hr about this incident. We talked general store budget. I did bring my own food as well as stuff to share with my team, because they are my team. And when nobody else does for us we do for each other.

My biggest issue with her buying crappy food is that we are not eating it, which means it gets left for Flow who not only didn't earn it in this instance but is not grateful for it. She could be saving her money by just telling us not to expect food. She's a crappy tl, but a nice enough person she doesn't deserve to be feeding the flow team if she doesn't have to.

And by the end of the week giving us hurt looks when we east our own food instead of hers.
her bringing you food that you don't want to eat is not a fault. How can you even contradict yourself by saying flow shouldn't be allowed to have it because they aren't grateful for it when YOU are the one who is ungrateful and unappreciative of an extremely nice and unnecessary gesture. You came in to do your job. you are not owed free food by the company. if you have such an issue with it, go work for a company who can cater to you every day.

Been lurking for awhile but you seem ungrateful for your tl taking the time to get you guys anything. If you guy aren't going to eat it approach your tl and say "we appreciate you taking out of your own pocket to provide us food, but we feel as a team we can't keep letting you provide us with food since you do it so often" using that example at least makes you appear like you have a heart and are capable of being appreciative

The regular store at large has no problems with mp, but our team has dietary restrictions as well as a better overall health plan. White bread isn't on the menu. Plus if they cared about saving they'd buy what is on sale instead of mp "because it's the cheapest" or two ltrs instead of one case of soda (multiple mandated pricing makes it twice as expensive per serving). I gave up trying to help them budget wisely years ago
Link! PLEASE!!!

Microsoft has a free cafeteria

Been lurking for awhile but you seem ungrateful for your tl taking the time to get you guys anything. If you guy aren't going to eat it approach your tl and say "we appreciate you taking out of your own pocket to provide us food, but we feel as a team we can't keep letting you provide us with food since you do it so often" using that example at least makes you appear like you have a heart and are capable of being appreciative
We were not supposed to know she bought it, hr heavily insisted she pretend it was requisitoned apparently. I'm really not sure how to bring it up without getting the gsa who told me in trouble for talking.

We did thank her every night when she announced what she got us. It's hard to hide that you aren't eating it though. Which hurt her feelings and she was snippy the rest of the night.

I think next overnight I'll discuss trading a night each to cook for the team. We could crockpot in the break room without much trouble.

I guess our Team has low food standards. If I put market pantry bread, Peanut butter, Jelly, lunch meats and cheeses in the lunch room for the team it's gone within a day. I would just bring in my own lunch next time.
If they promised food and didn't follow through it sucks. I am guessing miscommunication, happens a lot among leadership.

Generally I am not one to criticize people, so this isn't a "normal" post for me.
Signingminion: Clearly, you have picked the wrong thing to complain about.....just look at all of the responses you've gotten.

I'm sorry that you are so unhappy about the "food" that is provided for you. I'm sorry that you feel entitled to being fed for your work. I'm sorry that you don't like your supervisor and I'm sorry that you've got to starve on the nights that you work. I'm sorry that you have a job and actually get paid to work. I'm sorry that you seem to be living a life that you hate.

If all is so horrible at your target it might be time to think about moving along to some other place of employment....someplace where they'll feed you....perhaps a position in a restaurant....although many food establishments have restrictions on what items you can eat.

Most workers don't have the luxury of having food bought for them....in fact, many workers have to pack their own lunches. Personally, I pack my own lunch and save myself time and money....and I never have to worry about not having enough to eat.

Next time you get fed by your generous supervisor, one that uses her on money to provide food, thank your supervisor, don't eat and go on ahead and starve.

Your attitude seems to confirm that even if you had a full style buffet with all you could eat....you'd still have something to complain about. I am truly sorry that you are unhappy. Life is too short to be so miserable.

Google has a free cafeteria for their employees.... well, actually more than one. I think Facebook does as well, but I'm not sure.

MSFT has many food spots through its campus and buildings, drinks are free food isn't but think fast food prices and much higher quality. And respectful of cultures on campus.. They also have local places rotate in for a month or two..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back