Archived Food TL/Starbucks TL what is this!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairly new to the Food TL position, overseeing market and Starbucks...one of my Starbucks team members came to me with this the other day, and I can’t find ANY info on what it’s for, how to cook it, or why the heck we have it. It comes in packages of two sausages each, and it has the Starbucks label on it, claiming it’s “chicken caprese sausage”. I know some Starbucks locations have a chicken caprese sandwich, but it uses normal chicken, not these horrendous sausage things...wtf is this???

Attachments

• B3828486-FA2F-4D54-A7B2-8CB1971823CA.jpeg
    B3828486-FA2F-4D54-A7B2-8CB1971823CA.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 91
it's possible that it's just a mispick from the Starbucks DC that was meant to be sent to the place that makes the sandwiches? or maybe it was meant for a Mercato store?

I’m guessing that’s the case. I have a friend who works at a “normal” Sbucks, and even he didn’t know what the heck this is. Alas, it shall sit in the freezer, until I receive an answer 😂

I also have SO MANY questions about the general routines in Starbucks. My team has the potential to be amazing, but they can be lazy with cleaning routines, and completely suck at communication, when it comes to letting their TL know about running low/out of product. How do Food TL/Starbucks TL go about their ordering process? Is ordering done every week? Every two weeks? We just had a Steritech visit, and were literally almost a high risk critical, due to some minor things, but a lot of them, one being out of so many things. How do I keep myself in the green with Starbucks?

This is for stores with Target Cafe. There was a transition in early October and “chicken caprese sausage” was introduced along with bagel bites and nathans hot dogs.
The caprese sausage has nothing to do with Starbucks. Donate it.

I also have SO MANY questions about the general routines in Starbucks. My team has the potential to be amazing, but they can be lazy with cleaning routines, and completely suck at communication, when it comes to letting their TL know about running low/out of product. How do Food TL/Starbucks TL go about their ordering process? Is ordering done every week? Every two weeks? We just had a Steritech visit, and were literally almost a high risk critical, due to some minor things, but a lot of them, one being out of so many things. How do I keep myself in the green with Starbucks?
Did you get any Starbucks training?
Check out the “starbucks operations” page on workbench. Thats a page you need to check atleast once a week. It has everything you need to know about running your Starbucks. Also spend sometime behind the bar, check the drains, the gaskets in your under-counter fridges check inside them to see if they have a buildup of dairy. Pull them out and check behind them. Check the nozzles on your fountain soda machine I bet it’s slimey. Check under the mastrena, under the coffee brewer. See if your mastrena has any dust or syrup splashings. Check under the pitcher rinser , there should nasty mold underneath. Check for these things and make sure the team knows you’ll be checking them often.

Edit:- ordering I generally do a heavy order and a light order for the weekly. Food items can be ordered 3 times a week, so I order as needed.

Last edited:
You should check out the Starbucks TL thread on here.

Yeh, we have a cafe & they sent us some so we sampled some among the team.
They were not well-received, tasted like fake sausage with a plastic-like casing on them.

Started Food TL about the same timeframe as you working Food & Bev over all! Same issues here! Have you seen any improvements and what have you done to drive your teams engagement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back