Archived Foot in the Door...AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year, I interviewed for a management position at Target. I completed a site interview and wasn't made an offer. Now, I'm trying again. But it seems like I can't get in the door again. I forward my resume to the recruiter (from previously), noting my new skills and accomplishments. I wonder if my application is disqualification because I wasn't selected the first time. Any suggestions on how to get my foot in the door again. Thanks!

Last year, I interviewed for a management position at Target. I completed a site interview and wasn't made an offer. Now, I'm trying again. But it seems like I can't get in the door again. I forward my resume to the recruiter (from previously), noting my new skills and accomplishments. I wonder if my application is disqualification because I wasn't selected the first time. Any suggestions on how to get my foot in the door again. Thanks!

For the love of god, do not tell them you were not selected before and don't email the recruiter you dealt with before!

Target doesn't keep any record of applicants not selected beyond 6 months.... so unless someone personally remembers you (highly unlikely) you get a "fresh start" when you apply 6 months later.

However, telling them you interviewed before and were not selected is pretty much a deal breaker. HR is going to wonder WTF happened last time to make you not get selected (even if you come across great now). The fact you directly emailed the recruiter from before is going to make them say "ohhhh yea I remember this guy. Hated him then, hate him now"

Go to the SALARIED career site here: http://targetcareers.target.com

You probably blew it this time, but six months from now apply for ETL on that site. Chances are you will be given to someone in HR that never has dealt with you. (If you are in a major city, there are multiple HR people that handle ETL hiring.... you probably have a 1 in 10 chance of randomly getting the person you got before) This will give you a fresh start to try again.

PM me a copy of your resume and I'll help you Targetfy it. Keep your personal info out, no names, numbers, address, years, etc. I'm only looking for the meat, job titles/descriptions, accomplishments that matter, blah blah. If you need help with the interview process then let me know, I can help with the questions, what they are looking for, how it's graded, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back