Archived For those caught in this blizzard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give yourself plenty of time to get in, once you dig your car out. My friend has 32 inches in Winchester, so far.

Well if there's a state of emergency, you shouldn't be on the roads. And I'm assuming that with the DoT advising/warning drivers to not be on the road that there is probably a some sort of a driving ban/restriction, so I'd see if that ends before your shift, otherwise, I highly wouldn't advise going out there.

Personally, I wouldn't go out there even without a state of emergency, there's 2+ feet of snow outside still, there's no way that will all be clean tomorrow, and the roads will be just as slippery with all that slush, not worth it imo.

I called and they said on the crisis line to not report to work for the overnight team. Plus there's a travel ban where I am, so they didn't really have a choice lol

My store message on the crisis hotline is from our ETL HR that left back in June lol. The message is that the store is still open but no one is answering at my store.

Last year they closed but didn't change the message on the 1-800 number. Hubby showed up hoping to buy dinner and get a hot drink. Stl decided to close even though they had waffles all day. First time we closed in many years. Bigger blizzard a couple years ago and we didn't close. Roads to abd from my house were closed abd they tried to give me crap when I called out. I gave them the number for the town pd and the name of the officer who confirmed I couldn't leave and if there was an emergency to call and they'd get me out.

had a productive day learned a lot of stuff. Learned how to pull batches, backstock how to use the wave, make bale.
only saw 2 guest 1 was asking if we have a waffle maker yep waffle maker on a freaking blizzard.

I don't even know if my store closed because the hotline message wasn't changed. Either way, I'm sure there were a lot of call-outs tonight (understandably so) and I'll have a lot of work to do tomorrow morning.

Found out my store closed at 3 yesterday. Better late than never I guess, but they should've updated the crisis hotline.

I heard my store closed at 5 yesterday. TLs and ETLs were put up in a hotel then left early anyway. Smh They're open today. A fellow TM said nobody's there though.

Bosses%2Bbe%2Blike.jpg

My store handled things horribly, on Saturday they closed the store at 12pm but here's the issue I'm from NYC all MTA buses and non underground train stops were suspended at exactly 12pm, and of course we also had the Travel Ban as well. There's only 2 buses that come by the store. Leaving everyone to find a way home one way or another. Then today they opened up like a regular day at 8am, again problem is MTA service wasn't restored until 9:30am and was slowly brought back up. Then they're wondering why literally the entire store called out. My co worker texted me there's literally 5 people in the store not including leadership.

My store handled things horribly, on Saturday they closed the store at 12pm but here's the issue I'm from NYC all MTA buses and non underground train stops were suspended at exactly 12pm, and of course we also had the Travel Ban as well. There's only 2 buses that come by the store. Leaving everyone to find a way home one way or another. Then today they opened up like a regular day at 8am, again problem is MTA service wasn't restored until 9:30am and was slowly brought back up. Then they're wondering why literally the entire store called out. My co worker texted me there's literally 5 people in the store not including leadership.
Similar situation here. My store has a lot of team members that come from the city. Busses shut down at 12pm, travel ban went into effect at 2:30pm, and my store closed at 3pm. So where the fuck are those NYC people going to go after the store closes? It doesn't make sense.

The train in my area was suspended until today at 1:00pm. I didn't have much of a choice. I wasn't going to wake up extra early to walk to work over an hour for my 6am shift, in the dark with snowy roads and plows and risk getting hit by a car or something. I woke up at 4am and I knew no one was there but I tried calling in. Woke up at 5am, tried again. And at 6am, tried calling. I fell asleep and woke up at 9am. I called in, 3 hours into my shift. I'm gonna talk to HR tomorrow to make sure I wasn't marked NCNS.

The train in my area was suspended until today at 1:00pm. I didn't have much of a choice. I wasn't going to wake up extra early to walk to work over an hour for my 6am shift, in the dark with snowy roads and plows and risk getting hit by a car or something. I woke up at 4am and I knew no one was there but I tried calling in. Woke up at 5am, tried again. And at 6am, tried calling. I fell asleep and woke up at 9am. I called in, 3 hours into my shift. I'm gonna talk to HR tomorrow to make sure I wasn't marked NCNS.

Remember you call log on your phone, you did call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back