Archived for those who FIFO....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the Giada pasta items! Great packaging, never sells.
Expensive olive oils.
Archer Farms pizza
Archer Farms frozen desserts
At the check lanes, cameras and 5 hour energy drinks

Thanks so much! I realize batteries and disposable cameras have expirations, but for some reason I never think to check them lol

Partner with your GSTL on checklane freshness. As cashiers zone they can help check dates. We divided the lanes and they fully check 6 lanes each week. Our team appreciates the extra responsibility,and they don't lose cashiers to floor right away because they "are not busy"

Partner with your GSTL on checklane freshness. As cashiers zone they can help check dates. We divided the lanes and they fully check 6 lanes each week. Our team appreciates the extra responsibility,and they don't lose cashiers to floor right away because they "are not busy"

i will suggest it to our gstl...

What's sad is when Dry Grocery resets, the plano team is completely clearing shelves so there's a "weakest link" because they should be completely FIFOing as they fill back the shelves.
Exactly. We found a few year or two old items on our last tran. last year.

Don't forget to check your batteries. Yep, they have an expiration date as well.
It's pretty hard to expire batteries considering alk and lith batteries have 8+ years most of the time for their expiration date even then that's conservative and they probably still contain a decent change. That being said found something in dry market that expired 5 years ago earlier this year.

The granola bars, especially anything organic or natural. Seems like Steritech heads straight for them every time. Found some frozen meatballs 3 years out of date when I was a market TM back in the day.

My store is finally getting a lot better about it checking dates. I made an SDA schedule so three times a week whoever is working market has a section to go through. Freshness Friday is finally back because I have the task for it ready to go and whoever is in market knows to make sure the LOD is reminded. It's definitely making it easier to get through dry market dates and perishable items that don't get looked at as often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back