Archived Found this on the shelves today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brobley

rubberball busted
A little blurry, but...

UPXzJ2x.jpg

How does that happen?

Do you have all your cd's in those red cases? Is that only for high risk stores? We only put blurays in keepers.

I remember ringing up a gallon of Great Value windshield washer fluid one time.

Do you have all your cd's in those red cases? Is that only for high risk stores? We only put blurays in keepers.

I've never even seen the red cases at my store.

I always thought mine was a high-risk store since we have the plain clothes AP guy and a regular AP guy.

When I first started in 2000, we would get a lot of those front end cap value DVDs with Walmart and Kmart Exclusive stickers.

All we could really do was pull them and send them back.

We've gotten Heinen's milk, Great value cookies, and Kroger windshield washer fluid before. The closest Kroger is two hours away in Columbus, and I don't even know where a Henien's is anymore!

We have to put all CDs in the keepers, also, all blurays, and all TV series DVD sets. If the shape is weird, we stuff them in a bigger case, or spider-wrap them. Even the $10 headphones have to be blister-tagged and peg-locked. I know we're high volume, guess we must be high-crime too.

Always thought it was corporate that said that we had to alarm everything. Must be local. In any case, they lose 1/3 to 1/2 of their shelving space when their product can't fit into shelves because it has to be spider-wrapped or blister-tagged. I can only jam THREE GoT box sets in shelf space built (and paid for) as holding EIGHT.

Also don't understand why we have to case the $5 blu-rays the same as if they were $40 blu-rays just because they are blu-rays?

Probably, because it's a 70% non-white neighborhood, although I have never seen or heard of any incidents of theft in my time there. Honestly, the neighborhood people seem the least likely to perpetrate theft or fraud.

Ask service desk or AP, I guarantee people are stealing. My store is adjacent to a middle-upper class town/burb full of rich old people and we get stolen from en masse on a daily basis. Mostly clothing tags in the fitting room (which we keep locked) and smaller stuff, but I've helped our TPS ring in training receipts for $1000+ worth of staged/stashed PMRs. We don't broadcast that sort of stuff on the walkie or anything but if there's a crime-free retail store I've never seen it.

We also only use keepers for blu-rays/games over ~$30, and spiderwraps/blister tabs for >$50 or so merch.

Always thought it was corporate that said that we had to alarm everything. Must be local.

Both are correct. Some pogs (electronics is what I'm thinking of) direct you to use security pegs and will show where to place locked cases, but your AP can also direct you to secure product based on trends that they're seeing.

We had a HUGE problem with all our baby monitors getting stolen at one point. Our old APL got so fed up with all the theft she spider wrapped them all, used some security wire thing I'm not familiar with (currently also used to secure our Beats heaphones) moved cameras around, and backstocked all but one of each camera. She spent quite a bit of time out on the floor in that area, too. Not 100% sure if he was caught or not, but I believe she did make a stop for it

Last edited:

I've never even seen the red cases at my store.

I always thought mine was a high-risk store since we have the plain clothes AP guy and a regular AP guy.
I haven't either and I'm a very HIGH risk store... we're ULV and we have 4 TPS (one being a SrTPS) maybe even a 5th.. but for sure 4.. the plain clothes guy (APS I think they're called) and an ETL...

but yeah to my knowledge we don't wrap any cd's...

My mom ordered some stuff from Target's website and she got two packages in the mail (both with Target labels) with her info on them:

Package 1) Stuff she ordered.
Package 2) 3 Blu-rays, addressed to some guy that lived in Missouri, with a packing slip that said it was from Best Buy.

Needless to say, that was the weirdest phone call I've made back to Target AND Best Buy.

We've gotten stuff that was supposed to go a competitor down the street....it ended up in the breakroom:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back